British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > General Topics.

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 16-02-11, 09:54 PM

Playing around I came up with this. I don't know what, if any, the copyright issues may be and will wait for guidance before disclosing the web site that does this work. If I do one of these for myself I will add my avatar and user name and maybe a favorite badge. I await thoughts, comments, and guidance. Also, I am awaiting delivery of another mug I ordered last week to see the quality of work this company does. I would like an ok before using the 2 images I have used on this mug.

Don
Attached Images
File Type: jpg designall.dll.jpg (17.0 KB, 26 views)
Old 16-02-11, 10:26 PM
Peter J

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubilationtcornpone View Post
Playing around I came up with this. I don't know what, if any, the copyright issues may be and will wait for guidance before disclosing the web site that does this work. If I do one of these for myself I will add my avatar and user name and maybe a favorite badge. I await thoughts, comments, and guidance. Also, I am awaiting delivery of another mug I ordered last week to see the quality of work this company does. I would like an ok before using the 2 images I have used on this mug.

Don
Don,

How spooky... you must have been reading our minds. We have been planning and discussing this and other TRF-connected projects with all/any proceeds to go to Help for Heroes.

If modesty permitted, I'd have to say, 'what a great idea'.

Looks really good, doesn't it?

PJ

Last edited by Peter J; 16-02-11 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 17-02-11, 03:58 AM

Location: In Luxembourg for the last 20 years and staying. They take much better care of us here....

Quote:

Don
Don, Great idea. Is it possible to get these made on a pint pot sized mugs? Normal sized cups (far too small) and even standard mugs just don't hold enough for me. Well done.
David
Old 17-02-11, 01:59 PM

David,

Glad you like my idea. Presently I'm waiting on guidance on how to proceed. I am also waiting for a mug I had ordered to see the quality of work before I can give the company an unqualified recommendation. Their cups come in 2 sizes and there is a beer mug, 16 oz I believe. If that doesn't give you a jolt in the AM you are beyond relief! Keep watching for further developments.

Don
Old 17-02-11, 02:06 PM

There is a supplier here in Northern Ireland who will put any badge you want on a mug. He sells on ebay, and his deliveries are super quick. I would highly recommend him. Will PM you his details later on when I'm at home.

John
Old 17-02-11, 02:15 PM

www.badgesonmugs.co.uk

Just email him and send him a copy of your design.

John
Old 17-02-11, 04:55 PM
Administrator

Quote:

Don

I don't have any problems with the use of the forum logo by members in that way; badges /souvenirs / mugs. Particularly if you can work out a way to make a donation to Help for Heroes. The silver Buffs collar in the logo was photographed by me and still resides in my collection - so this is written permission to use as detailed above should you want to!
Old 17-02-11, 05:03 PM
Peter J

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
I don't have any problems with the use of the forum logo by members in that way; badges /souvenirs / mugs. Particularly if you can work out a way to make a donation to Help for Heroes. The silver Buffs collar in the logo was photographed by me and still resides in my collection - so this is written permission to use as detailed above should you want to!
Thanks Mike, PM sent.

My TRF design seems to be proving fairly popular, and Don certainly has shown how good it might look on a mug etc. if I decide to go ahead with placing it on such items.

I have included other ideas which Ry and I have regarding proceeds in my PM.

Thanks again, Mike.
Old 17-02-11, 05:10 PM
Banned

Hi gents,

No offence intended so I hope that none is taken.

I was hoping if at all possible to keep the content of this thread for the sake of simplicity on the subject of the Mini project of the offer of the transfer of Peter J's TRF design.

I know that there is interest in the pursuit of other applications for the badge but could I ask please that we take it one step at a time. Maybe the original thread would be the best place to post further input.

Also, I know that Peter's design is in the public domain but a credit to him when putting forward ideas for other uses would I'm sure not go amiss.

As he stated in the thread he is working on further applications for "His" design.It might be courteous to wait and see what his efforts bring and who knows, maybe there will be a benefit for the forum community if a little patience and team work is applied, as opposed to it all falling apart like the last similar proposal on the original thread.

Finally, there are still quite a number of transfers available should anyone else like one, don't be shy!

Regards to all

Ry
Old 17-02-11, 05:18 PM
Peter J

Well said, Ry.

The original thread regarding a members' badge was becoming somewhat fraught with an overcrowding of ideas, so very wise to apply the brakes here and avoid a similar consequence.

One step at a time is definitely the way forward, especially as the original intention was simply to offer a free badge for members to wear at fairs, etc.

If it proves popular enough, then perhaps move to the next stage... of not, then it will still have achieved its aim of being the bit of fun we had intended it to originally be.

Cheers all,

PJ

Last edited by Peter J; 17-02-11 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 17-02-11, 06:37 PM

I think the design is great and I wonder if it might be possible to have badges made in the same way as the one in the link:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ROYAL-HUSSARS-...item25614c8034

P.B.

Members welcome in my private Facebook group “The Kings Liverpool Regiment ( 1685-1958 )”
Old 17-02-11, 06:48 PM

Hi Ry,

Could I please be added to the list for one of your TRFs?
Thanks

Bill
Old 24-02-11, 08:46 AM
Banned

Hi gents,

Just to let you all know that I will be aiming to post off the TRFs to those that have requested one within the next couple of days.

There are still some more available should anyone else like to take up the offer, just PM me your address details and I'll add you to the list.

Regards to all.

Ry
Old 24-02-11, 08:03 PM

Well done that man !
Wilf.
Old 26-02-11, 04:07 PM
Banned

Hi gents,

Just to let you all know that I have now closed the offer and will be posting the transfers forthwith.

My apologies for the slight delay but I wanted to wait until I had all the details of the takers on the offer and unfortunately once I had got to that stage my printer decided to play up.

All is well now though and the transfers are printed and cut.

You will recieve instructions on how to apply the TRF to your chosen article / cloth, along with everything you will need to do so.

You should start receiving them from tuesday onwards, would you please PM me to confirm that you have recieved the package and understood the instructions it contains.

Many thanks.

Ry