British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > General Topics.

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 14-08-08, 10:15 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidS View Post
A question as to content: are you/we interested in including misrepresented badges in this as well? There are several Canadian badges which, on the surface, have not changed since the 1920s (eg, 48th Highlanders, Royal Rifles of Canada, First Hussars) and some post-war patterns which often are described as WW2 badges (the one that bugs me the most being the Irish Fusiliers of Canda/Vancouver Regiment Thompson Q43 vs Mazeas M-24a). I've seen several instances of these inadvertently or deliberately flogged as period pieces when they are not.

As for other content, anyone got a rock-solid "83" type Le Regiment de Joliette (Maz. M-121), as there are some really good fakes of this one floating about (sadly, I can supply the fake, I think).

Hi David, yes a linked page of copies / fantasy/ restrikes can be added to any of them
Old 17-08-08, 12:55 PM
Administrator

Default Photo Backgrounds

Don't think we will have the luxury of sticking to all white or all black backgrounds, as when removing them it's easier to go with the flow and match light to white and dark to black. Individual contributors have their own favorite method which includes the background choice.

here's a couple, first from cyrus, dark background changed to black and one from bwetdude light background changed to white.

Some of the white backgrounds done under a scanner seem to generate shadows. This is because of the gap between the scanner cover and the plane of the badge, due to the cover being held off by the lugs. Maybe it would be possible to eliminate that by sticking the lugs (or slider) through a sheet of white paper. This is just a thought, but the closer we can get to pure white with minimal shadow the easier removing the background becomes.

Old 27-08-08, 09:28 AM
Administrator

Latest batch to arrive; will be adding these in over the next few days

S.14 Royal Canadian Army Ordnance Corps.jpg
M.13a The British Columbia Regiment.jpg
C.61 14th Canadian Hussars.jpg
S.37 Saskatchewan Vetrans Civil Security Corps.jpg
S3a Royal Canadian Engineers.jpg
C.56 Canadian Armoured Fighting Vehicle Training Center.jpg
C.55 The Essex Regiment.jpg
C.27 16th Canadian Light Horse.jpg
C.28 16-22nd Saskatchewan Horse.jpg
S.27 Canadian Intelligence Corps.jpg
C.46 The British Columbia Dragoons.jpg
S.35 Canadian Women's Army Corps.jpg
M.85 Les Fusiliers De Sherbrook.jpg
M.177 29th Saskatchewan Amoured Regiment.jpg
S.15 R.C.E.M.E.jpg
S.14 Royal Canadian Army Ordnance Corps.jpg
C.61 14th Canadian Hussars.jpg
S.37 Saskatchewan Vetrans Civil Security Corps.jpg
S3a Royal Canadian Engineers.jpg
Old 17-03-09, 12:43 PM
Super Moderator

The Canadian Badge Index is coming along very nicely, and has become a standard against which to measure and compare our finds. It is still in need of many images. Please have a look in your collection and see if there are any badges that you can image and contribute to the registry. In particular, there are lots of holes in the collars and titles and cloth. It would be nice to get one example of each cap badge up. There are both some common and scarce badges to be added.