British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Everything Else > Other Military Topics

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 20-11-23, 12:11 PM

Default Early Haig Fund Poppy - on eBay

If this sells for the price asked, I hope some money will find its way to the suitable charity

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/285565476...Bk9SR8T7-8n9Yg
Old 20-11-23, 02:08 PM

Over the past few weeks there have been a large number of cloth/paper/silk poppies sold with prices going from £25.00 (waxed paper) to £192.00 (WW2 Austerity) !

A fellow poppy collector just pointed out that our hobby is getting expensive !

Photo show a "WW2 Austerity" Poppy and this years Plastic-free version , both from my collection.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Past and Present.jpg (51.9 KB, 39 views)

Poppy and British Legion Wanted
Old 20-11-23, 03:34 PM

[QUOTE=Mike B;614451]If this sells for the price asked, I hope some money will find its way to the suitable charity

Why?
What a ridiculous suggestion.
Old 20-11-23, 03:56 PM

[QUOTE=bewley;614466]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike B View Post
If this sells for the price asked, I hope some money will find its way to the suitable charity

Why?
And why not ? probably wont but just a nice thought to think it might don't you think ?? obviously not where your concerned, I don't normally answer when people make obvious insightful remarks but your one just p----d me off .

Gerard
Old 20-11-23, 05:37 PM

[QUOTE=gb64;614467]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bewley View Post

And why not ? probably wont but just a nice thought to think it might don't you think ?? obviously not where your concerned, I don't normally answer when people make obvious insightful remarks but your one just p----d me off .

Gerard
The Smith family sell Grandads medals at auction, no one in the family being interested in them or caring.
A dealer buys them, sits on them for 5 years and then sells them on with a healthy profit.

In your way of thinking the seller should then give some of that profit to the family who couldn’t give a t*** about them.
Old 20-11-23, 05:54 PM

[QUOTE=bewley;614472]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gb64 View Post

The Smith family sell Grandads medals at auction, no one in the family being interested in them or caring.
A dealer buys them, sits on them for 5 years and then sells them on with a healthy profit.

In your way of thinking the seller should then give some of that profit to the family who couldn’t give a t*** about them.
That’s not my way of thinking at all, the main reason I responded wasn’t really the fact of the thread , although I do think still it would be a nice thought, if you read it all again it was just asked as a possible nice thing to do , it was your response to it, you just like the argument, you can see that a mile off , you seem to be one of those people, well you’ve got it from me for sure , I think your first response was , disrespectful, cheap and as always with you argumentative.

Gerard
Old 21-11-23, 09:35 AM

[QUOTE=bewley;614466]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike B View Post

Why?
Why not?
Old 21-11-23, 09:37 AM

[QUOTE=gb64;614473]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bewley View Post

That’s not my way of thinking at all, the main reason I responded wasn’t really the fact of the thread , although I do think still it would be a nice thought, if you read it all again it was just asked as a possible nice thing to do , it was your response to it, you just like the argument, you can see that a mile off , you seem to be one of those people, well you’ve got it from me for sure , I think your first response was , disrespectful, cheap and as always with you argumentative.

Gerard
Thanks Gerard