British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Photographs of British Servicemen and Women Wearing Insignia

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 03-08-10, 01:14 PM

Default The King's Regiment.

I am looking for information on J.M.South who served with the 1st Btn from before 1924 (Lance Sgt) until 1932 in Jubbulpore, when he was C.S.M. D Coy. He was a regimental sportsman, playing hockey in 1924-5.This picture was taken in approx 1926 with C.Coy winners of the inter-company football shield.Regards.Phil.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kings sgt south-1.jpg (50.5 KB, 50 views)
Old 03-08-10, 07:49 PM

Phil,

I have looked through the copies of the Kingsman magazine that I have for the 1920`s and 1930`s in the hope that there might have been a mention or another photgraph but no luck.

There is a chance there might be an orbituary in a much later edition of the magazine. Do you have any more information at all ?

P.B.

Members welcome in my private Facebook group “The Kings Liverpool Regiment ( 1685-1958 )”
Old 04-08-10, 07:03 PM

Thank's for your effort PB, i'm afraid i do not have any more info.Regards Phil.
Old 05-08-10, 07:17 AM

Phil,

If I do come across anything else on this man I will let you know.

Peter

Members welcome in my private Facebook group “The Kings Liverpool Regiment ( 1685-1958 )”
Old 05-08-10, 03:22 PM

Many thank's Peter. In this picture he is standing second from right.This is the regimental hockey team depot The King's Regiment 1924-25. Regards Phil.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kings hockey 1924-25.jpg (98.8 KB, 25 views)
Old 05-08-10, 06:30 PM

Default KLR Depot - Seaforth Barracks

No help in tracing your man but if this is the Depot King's Liverpool Regiment at Seaforth here is picture of the main gate. I was brought up in a house about 500 metres from Seaforth Barracks long since demolished.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Seaforth Barracks.jpg (54.4 KB, 18 views)
Old 05-08-10, 07:16 PM

GGA the building in the background of your picture certainly matches the one in Phils photo.
Regards Tony.
Old 09-08-10, 02:19 PM

On detailed viewing of the other Kings Rgt photographs i have recently obtained i find two images of VC holders which i thought i would share. The first is of Lieutenant E.K.Myles. V.C. D.S.O. who is standing rear first left.There is a good write up on Myles at. www.worcestershireregiment.com. He transferred to the King's in 1923 and later became a Captain. The second photograph shows Major D.M.W. Beak, V.C. D.S.O. M.C. with D Coy 1st King's Jubbulpore in 1932, the year he transferred to the King's as Major, sitting next to C.S.M. J.M. South. His medals are in Lord Ashcroft's collection and a google will give the story. Also there is a good write up on Iain Stewart's excellent V.C. site. Regards Phil.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kings rgt officers vc 4.jpg (48.8 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg kings rgt india vc 2.jpg (70.0 KB, 14 views)