British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > General Topics.

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 16-06-22, 11:01 AM

Default Military Heraldry Society Journal

The latest edition of the Military Heraldry Society's quarterly journal The Formation Sign is in the post.

FS 286 looks at the British Army's Operation Orbital training the Ukranian forces, has the first part of a series on the cloth badges of the Army Cadet Force, details the history and demise of the London Regiment, records the badges of those providing medical support to the UK Special Forces and those worn by British training teams overseas and asks help on two mystery photos of servicemen and the usual batch of unidentified badges.

If not a member and you would like to know more go to
http://militaryheraldrysociety.com

Jon
Attached Files
File Type: pdf FS 286 Front Cover.pdf (507.0 KB, 37 views)
Old 16-06-22, 09:41 PM

Looking forward to my copy especially the article on details the history and demise of the London Regiment,
Old 17-06-22, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postwarden View Post
The latest edition of the Military Heraldry Society's quarterly journal The Formation Sign is in the post.

FS 286 looks at the British Army's Operation Orbital training the Ukranian forces, has the first part of a series on the cloth badges of the Army Cadet Force, details the history and demise of the London Regiment, records the badges of those providing medical support to the UK Special Forces and those worn by British training teams overseas and asks help on two mystery photos of servicemen and the usual batch of unidentified badges.

If not a member and you would like to know more go to
http://militaryheraldrysociety.com

Jon
Congratulations on Editing another excellent publication Jon - always informative. The never failing quality of the journal 'Formation Sign' is a great reason to join the Military Heraldry Society.
Old 17-06-22, 06:19 PM

Always full of readable, well illustrated articles which is not always the case with the Bulletin of the other Society I am a member of.

Sometimes their articles can be a little too academic.

P.

Members welcome in my private Facebook group “The Kings Liverpool Regiment ( 1685-1958 )”
Old 17-06-22, 10:44 PM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Brydon View Post
Always full of readable, well illustrated articles which is not always the case with the Bulletin of the other Society I am a member of.

Sometimes their articles can be a little too academic.

P.
Peter,

I will try to be more interesting next time I write.

Chris