British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > General Topics.

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 21-02-17, 10:28 PM

Default Police or Coastguard!!!!!!

Many, many years ago when starting out collecting I wrote to the 'Ministry of Civil Aviation Constabulary' to try and get one of their badges. They replied and yes provided that I send a postal order (yes a postal) for 5 shillings which I agreed. The badge arrived by return post, in a small velvet bag and receipt.
Now on ebay this badge is being advertised as an obsolete MCA Maritime Coastguard Agency Police Constabulary cap badge. Do you think that years ago the MCA Constabulary sent me the right badge or did they make a mistake or has this seller has just made this up. I suppose some unsuspecting person may fall for this and it happens time and time again. But there again I do enjoy a laugh.
Regards Harry
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MCA CB.jpg (94.3 KB, 32 views)
Old 21-02-17, 10:42 PM

I messaged the seller when I saw this on ebay yesterday, he replied "thank you". He already had bids on it.
Old 22-02-17, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattle-watch1 View Post
Many, many years ago when starting out collecting I wrote to the 'Ministry of Civil Aviation Constabulary' to try and get one of their badges. They replied and yes provided that I send a postal order (yes a postal) for 5 shillings which I agreed. The badge arrived by return post, in a small velvet bag and receipt.
Now on ebay this badge is being advertised as an obsolete MCA Maritime Coastguard Agency Police Constabulary cap badge. Do you think that years ago the MCA Constabulary sent me the right badge or did they make a mistake or has this seller has just made this up. I suppose some unsuspecting person may fall for this and it happens time and time again. But there again I do enjoy a laugh.
Regards Harry
Harry,

The guy is obviously not too well up on police badges. The Maritime & Coastguard Agency is a fairly recent (last 20 years or so) title adopted by by them. I too saw the error in listing but I've long since stopped pointing these things out to sellers as they invariably take little if any notice. As you say, good for a laugh if nothing else.

Dave.
Old 22-02-17, 09:40 PM

I believe the seller of this item is a new member of this forum:

see: www.britishbadgeforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60107

and: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OBSOLETE-M...Sw4CFYpWUVview

Regards