British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Common Forums > New Member Introduction Zone

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 12-10-10, 12:41 PM

Default Medical Badges from the Antipodes

Hello chaps,
My interest lies in army medical badges from Australia and overseas, kindled by a short stint of 24 years in the Australian Regular Army. Although I started in Survey Corps, I later went to Engineers and finally to Medical Corps just for something different.
Like a lot of others I spend far too many dollars on eBay, although the Aussie dollar at the moment is pretty good. We're also smashing everyone at the Commonwealth Games, which makes up for dismal performances in the rugby and cricket I suppose.
I look forward to participating in the forums, and am always up for a bit of banter.
Regards, Derek
Old 12-10-10, 02:05 PM

hi derek,

welcome im sure your input will be much apprecated

philip
Old 13-10-10, 09:44 AM

Welcome Derek,

Fellow Brisbane badge collector here, my interest is British WW1 badges principally but always appreciate Australian badges and come across them in my travels, be good to meet up. Am based at UQ and have spent most of my career in the health system on the research side. Am friendly with a few other collectors in Brisbane and so be good to have a good discussion going on local factors!

Welcome to the forum, Dean.
Old 13-10-10, 12:34 PM

Did I see that KENYA beat AUS in the seven's in the games? KENYA !!!
Wecome!
I am a collector of Engineer badges being ex RE

JERRY
ROYAL ENGINEERS/BRITISH ARMY CORPS & SERVICES/BRITISH LEGION/ROYAL BRITISH LEGION (see albums)
Old 14-10-10, 09:26 AM

Now Jerry,

There is something UBIQUE in Australia getting beaten at international sport why just look at the cricket!

Only a reasonable common badge but just picked up an EdVII KC RE badge and nice one they are, must be nice having a focussed collection unlike us that try and get em all!

Cheers Dean.
Old 15-10-10, 05:59 PM

Hi Derek,
Just saw your post. Welcome from a fellow Medical badge collector from South Africa. I collect worldwide Medical, Dental and nursing badges and would be very keen to trade with you (Both badges and information). I served in the South African Medical Service way back in the mid 80's as a national service medical orderly. Been collecting medical badges for about 15 years... mostly South African with a fair Commonwealth collection and bits and pieces from the rest of the world.

There are quite a number of Australian and Kiwi badges I need and maybe I could send you a list sometime. I have some info on your post of the "Queensland Medical Department" badge and will post the info there.

Been great to find a fellow collector with similar interest.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Steven