British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Common Forums > Reproductions, Restrikes, Fakes, Forgeries, and Copies

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-09-10, 10:48 PM

Hi Guys,

Just to put this all into perspective.

With regard to the official and original War Office documentation that I have read I would have no hesitation in obtaining a Royal Northumbrian Fusiliers A/A cap badge for collection.

Granted, I have not found an entry for it in the List of Changes with the exception of its insertion in C 4717 of November 1951 (which was a change of future intent only) and thus I cannot derive any sealed pattern details about this badge. Also, I have not seen any sealed pattern for this badge either the Master or one of the Standard types.

However, taking all other information to hand I have no hesitation in:

a) Stating that this badge was officially authorised for issue at least to a Territorial Army battalion.

b) Stating that this badge was bulk manufactured for issue under War Office contract.

Whether this badge was actually issued or worn I have no official evidence as per 90% of any other A/A badge as such official information is seldom available.

Regards

Chris

Tags
anodised badge, northumberland fusiliers, staybright