British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Common Forums > It's a Mystery -Unknown Insignia for Identification

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 11-05-16, 04:58 PM

Default Cloth badge identity

Hello, my first post. Looking for information on the orange "X" on black background, any help much appreciated. Badges.jpg
Old 11-05-16, 08:28 PM
Super Moderator

Hello 123ARL, welcome to the Forum. Your account is active and open for replies.
Old 11-05-16, 09:23 PM

Hello,

I think its to do with the Lincolnshire Regiment, the old 10th Foot and could be the 102nd (Lincs) L.A.A. Regiment, R.A. formation sign worn c. 1941-46

regards

Manchester Regiment Collector
Rank, Prize & Trade Badges
British & Commonwealth Artillery Badges
Old 12-05-16, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manchesters View Post
Hello,

I think its to do with the Lincolnshire Regiment, the old 10th Foot and could be the 102nd (Lincs) L.A.A. Regiment, R.A. formation sign worn c. 1941-46

regards
I believe both the red/black flashes are regimental flashes to the Lincolnshire Regiment. The red X on a black disc was the preferred format for 102 LAA Regt RA. No idea where the image below came from - I hope the owner of the BD blouse is not offended! Mike
Lincolns BD.jpg
Old 12-05-16, 11:29 AM

The X looks like an early 10th (Volunteer) Battalion the Parachute Regiment drop zone flash.
X were the London/Southern TA Battalion during the 60's, 70' and 80's. Disbanded in the late 90's, or rather "amalgamated" with 4 and 15 (Scottish) Battalions to become a single Company in 4 Para, the only TA Para Battalion.
Early DZ's were embroidered, going on to be printed on nylon then woven in nylon in the late 70's early 80's. The X is in red, but looks faded.
If you're getting rid of it, I'd be interested?

Ian H

Last edited by ianh67military; 12-05-16 at 12:29 PM.
Old 12-05-16, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianh67military View Post
The X looks like an early 10th (Volunteer) Battalion the Parachute Regiment drop zone flash.
X were the London/Southern TA Battalion during the 60's, 70' and 80's. Disbanded in the late 90's, or rather "amalgamated" with 4 and 15 (Scottish) Battalions to become a single Company in 4 Para, the only TA Para Battalion.
Early DZ's were embroidered, going on to be printed on nylon then woven in nylon in the late 70's early 80's.
If you're getting rid of it, I'd be interested?

Ian H
Seems a little small to me (at an estimated 38mm x 45 mm). But I have two early 10 Para DZ flashes - 52mm x 50mm and 44mm x 50mm. Both are EonF. Mike