British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Infantry (& Guards) Badges

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 11-01-12, 05:37 PM

Smile Leicestershire Regiment Officers HP

Hi all,

Recent addition to my Leicestershire Regiment with a slight twist. A silver and gilt Officers helmet plate to the Leicestershire Regiment. The backing plate is QVC pattern pre-1901, however, the title scroll is to "The Leicestershire Regiment" which denotes a post 1904 version as per K&K 232 rather than a pre-1904 version of "Leicestershire Regiment".

Hence this could simply be the wrong backing plate and the correct one for this title would be KC or the backing plate is old stock to which the title has been applied to. The silver Tiger and Hindoostan scroll HP centre piece remains the same on both period HP's.

Will add to my Leicestershire Regiment album when I return from the US as don't have photo of the reverse with me, cheers Dean.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hp f.jpg (63.1 KB, 36 views)
Old 11-01-12, 07:37 PM

very nice, was this from the last Bosley sale? they had a few HP's
Old 11-01-12, 10:00 PM

Hiya Wayne,

I picked this one up privately but must admit that I wished I could have run to some from Bosley's - maybe if I collected in a more focussed manner I could but entropy prevails!

The HP's are very nice and display well, hope your own collection coming along, cheers Dean.

Tags
helmet plate, leicestershire, leicestershire regiment