British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Everything Else > Civilian Services: Police, Prison Service, Fire Brigade, Merchant Navy, etc.

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 13-05-23, 08:27 PM

Default Long service Pin CRIII official issue HMP

My first item of CRIII official issue badge issued to me 2nd May a local award not National. But very welcome.

On Friday 5th I was informed I was to receive the Kings Coronation Medal very proud to do so.

Advised medal will be issued late Summer.

Regards

Stephen
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9258ED11-4E6B-45EA-842C-F163428C78FC.jpg (118.9 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg DFDC60F4-8DEB-4577-9543-D283E4F6B5B7.jpg (44.1 KB, 58 views)
Old 13-05-23, 11:33 PM

Very, very cool!!!

Terry
Old 14-05-23, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkstone View Post
My first item of CRIII official issue badge issued to me 2nd May a local award not National. But very welcome.

On Friday 5th I was informed I was to receive the Kings Coronation Medal very proud to do so.

Advised medal will be issued late Summer.

Regards

Stephen
Are you the only one getting the medal or are others with five or more years in also getting one? I don't suppose HMP will be having new cap badges made, in view of the fact that they are no longer issued. Or are they?

Dave.
Old 15-05-23, 12:25 PM

Congratulations Stephen l would hope that all staff with over 5 years service will receive the medal.
Old 15-05-23, 06:22 PM

Gentlemen Medals awarded to all operational staff with 5 or more years service on the date of the coronation as per all other services see attached documents.

Re modernising insignia epaulets and othe cloth insignia will be first to be updated I expect.

Re metal Cap badges Shoulder titles buttons on tunics will be required for staff who carry out ceremonial duties.

I marched on the Queens funeral 1 of 16 staff selected to represent HMPPS and 22 lined the rout of the coronation we were part of the Civilian contingents for these events and Armistice.
Image attached of civilian contingent of the Queens Funeral.

Last edited by yorkstone; 15-05-23 at 06:31 PM.
Old 15-05-23, 06:29 PM

Photos

Yes I am in there, the Wellington arch image furthest away black line left of the Arch.last image marching back to Wellington Barracks.

So yes HMPPS will require metal insignia when I do not know hope that answers your questions.

Regards

Stephen
Old 16-05-23, 03:51 AM

Stephen, many thanks for sharing
Old 17-05-23, 11:16 AM

Official criteria here Gov.uk page see link.

HM Prison service very clear to all and very proud to be receiving it as are my colleagues.

Prison services personnel who are publicly employed and who have completed five full calendar years of service on 6 May 2023;

Destro and I fought the battle to get HMP staff added to Golden Jubilee list we both Marched on the Golden Jubilee parade 40 HMP staff we won the campaign in 2005 medal being back dated.

We then went on to design our LS&GC

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/c...ervice-workers

Regards

Stephen
Old 17-05-23, 01:46 PM

On the previous three occasions uniformed Instructors in the cadet forces also received the medal so waiting to hear if we get it this time. We normally get lumped in with the armed forces and not initially mentioned as now.
Old 17-05-23, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by REME 245 View Post
On the previous three occasions uniformed Instructors in the cadet forces also received the medal so waiting to hear if we get it this time. We normally get lumped in with the armed forces and not initially mentioned as now.
Yes we will be getting it. I only received my Platinum Jubilee Medal two weeks ago (despite having easily fulfilled all the criteria), bizarrely, five days later I received my Cadet Forces Medal (I had not received a medal since the Diamond Jubilee in 2012 and then I received two medals in a five day period !). Usual criteria applies (i.e. five years service), my source works in Cadets Branch and HQ RC.

Paul
Old 17-05-23, 06:13 PM

Very long delay their chaps I received my PJM March last year and Paul congratulations on your LS&GC.

I was Sgt Cadet adult instructor for 7 years glad I did not have to rely on ACF to sort out my medals

Regards

Stephen
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 72F83369-EF79-472F-9208-EBC9921BDD67.jpg (89.7 KB, 26 views)