British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Canadian Military Insignia > Sweetheart, Veteran, Lapel Badges and Challenge Coins

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 13-11-20, 09:16 PM

Default Another Armoured sweetheart

Acquired this one recently. It's sterling silver, really thick and has an impressive weight. I think I saw a picture of a similar one but with gem stones and found it to be in a bad taste. This one is kind of cool despite the very crudely done "CANADA" lettering.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 03.jpg (113.4 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg 02.jpg (104.7 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 01.jpg (109.6 KB, 18 views)
Old 13-11-20, 09:36 PM

I think the enamel and gem stones have fallen out of this example, to be honest.
Old 14-11-20, 03:07 AM

mmokeyev,

Your pin, RCAC, is as manufactured, and (thankfully!) did not have enamel or rhinestones incorporated into its design (which would have worn out or fell out). I'm unsure who the jeweller was. I've seen, and have several in my collection, for most of the Canadian service branches of WWII (RCCS, RCOC, RCVR, RCAF, RCASC, RCEME, RCDC, etc.). A nice pin, and becoming harder to find. Cheers,

Walt
Old 14-11-20, 01:31 PM

Hi

Nice pin.

Small note, it is not RCAC but rather CAC.

regards
Darrell
Old 14-11-20, 06:10 PM

Darrell,

You seem to always want to pick pepper from fly shit. What I stated is not incorrect. Check your facts before being so blatantly critical.

"The Armour Branch originated on 13 August 1940 when the 'Canadian Armoured Corps' of the Canadian Active Service Force was authorized to be formed. It was redesignated: 'Royal Canadian Armoured Corps' on 2 August 1945."

Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/department-...red-corps.html
Old 15-11-20, 12:56 PM

Hi

Sure, Walt, whatever you say.

RE CAC vs RCAC, are we talking about names or badges here? Pretty sure it's badges. And this badge is more than likely CAC.

Perhaps you should check your facts about Corps badges, not the Corps names. I recommend a book vice a webpage that seems to have confused you with regard to BADGE vice LINEAGE. Try page 333 of the History of the Corps.

I'll admit that the badge in this post could be RCAC as you say, but you would have to show me exactly when this badge was made. The window between name change and decision to change the badge was quite narrow. It would have to be between 2 August 1945 and 3 January 1946 to be unequivocally RCAC. Can you provide it's manufacture date?

I got no beef with you per se but it appears you do with me so let's not ever speak to each other again, OK? I'm sorry to lose you as a potential future resource but I don't like you now.

regards
Darrell

Last edited by Darrell; 15-11-20 at 01:03 PM.