British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

   

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Common Forums > The Classifieds: Sales and Wanted

 Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH
 
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 30-01-21, 05:02 PM
Tigerlily's Avatar
Tigerlily Tigerlily is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: East of England
Posts: 2,322
Default Wanted Royal Flying Corps badge

Hi, I'm on the look out if anyone has any nice spares please, including officers, collar badges etc, long as they are good examples.
Many thanks
Alli
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 30-01-21, 05:43 PM
Frank Kelley's Avatar
Frank Kelley Frank Kelley is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 7,113
Default

Getting to be quite expensive things these days, Allison, particularly given the numbers actually made, be careful though, lots of copies offered as original.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlily View Post
Hi, I'm on the look out if anyone has any nice spares please, including officers, collar badges etc, long as they are good examples.
Many thanks
Alli
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 30-01-21, 06:14 PM
Sonofacqms's Avatar
Sonofacqms Sonofacqms is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,647
Talking Royal Flying Corps badges

Alli,
I had a couple of Royal Flying Corps badges spare, but they just flew out the door to members.

Rob
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 30-01-21, 06:34 PM
mm1 mm1 is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 949
Default RFC

Rob, that's shocking
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 30-01-21, 07:17 PM
Tigerlily's Avatar
Tigerlily Tigerlily is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: East of England
Posts: 2,322
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Kelley View Post
Getting to be quite expensive things these days, Allison, particularly given the numbers actually made, be careful though, lots of copies offered as original.
That's why I'm searching on here, I'd be happier buying from a fellow forum member.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 30-01-21, 07:18 PM
Tigerlily's Avatar
Tigerlily Tigerlily is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: East of England
Posts: 2,322
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonofacqms View Post
Alli,
I had a couple of Royal Flying Corps badges spare, but they just flew out the door to members.

Rob
And you didn't save one for me, my heart is broken...😊
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 30-01-21, 09:07 PM
arrestingu arrestingu is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: uk
Posts: 1,452
Default

...hi I have pmd you

I have spare ,doubles in my collection
officers
ORs
RFC wings cloth
Rare brass pilot 1912 wings
Mess dress wings .............etc

Depends what your after , let me know cheers steve
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 30-01-21, 10:15 PM
dumdum's Avatar
dumdum dumdum is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 810
Default

Hi Allison

Nice to see you posting. I have one nice RFC cap badge that I've had for a while.

Picked up locally some years back so, hopefully, certified "non-dud".
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 30-01-21, 10:16 PM
Jackhr Jackhr is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: St Leonards Victoria, Australia
Posts: 982
Default badge

Steve I would be interested in this if no one else is ?
Rare brass pilot 1912 wings , how much and for express international postage ?

Thanks Rob
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 31-01-21, 06:44 AM
Tigerlily's Avatar
Tigerlily Tigerlily is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: East of England
Posts: 2,322
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrestingu View Post
...hi I have pmd you

I have spare ,doubles in my collection
officers
ORs
RFC wings cloth
Rare brass pilot 1912 wings
Mess dress wings .............etc

Depends what your after , let me know cheers steve
PM sent, thanks Steve
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 31-01-21, 06:46 AM
Tigerlily's Avatar
Tigerlily Tigerlily is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: East of England
Posts: 2,322
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumdum View Post
Hi Allison

Nice to see you posting. I have one nice RFC cap badge that I've had for a while.

Picked up locally some years back so, hopefully, certified "non-dud".
Hey you, hope you're well, I'm sure you've managed to avoid a dud one 😊
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 31-01-21, 04:10 PM
Frank Kelley's Avatar
Frank Kelley Frank Kelley is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 7,113
Default

Anything particular in mind, or, simply just a ranker's cap badge and an officers Service Dress set?



Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlily View Post
That's why I'm searching on here, I'd be happier buying from a fellow forum member.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-02-21, 06:12 AM
dumdum's Avatar
dumdum dumdum is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 810
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlily View Post
Hey you, hope you're well, I'm sure you've managed to avoid a dud one 😊
Hi Allison

Pretty good thanks, and you? Me, no job thanks to Covid but I guess that this means a "new departure"!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-02-21, 02:16 PM
Tigerlily's Avatar
Tigerlily Tigerlily is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: East of England
Posts: 2,322
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Kelley View Post
Anything particular in mind, or, simply just a ranker's cap badge and an officers Service Dress set?
Yes, pretty much, but I'm easily swayed by nice wingy things, almost as nice grenadey things😊
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-02-21, 02:20 PM
Tigerlily's Avatar
Tigerlily Tigerlily is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: East of England
Posts: 2,322
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumdum View Post
Hi Allison

Pretty good thanks, and you? Me, no job thanks to Covid but I guess that this means a "new departure"!
Yes, I'm doing ok, keeping busy. Sorry to hear about your troubles, I hope you can find something soon, it's a very weird world at the moment.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:11 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.