British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > General Topics.

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18-06-21, 11:57 AM

Default Happy Waterloo Day - Napoleonic Wars Badges

A Happy Waterloo Day to all,

Whilst I appreciate that badges and militaria from this era will be excessively rare and correspondingly expensive I wondered if Forum Members had any items in their collections from this period they could show. The only items I have are a few Militia buttons which are from the immediate pre Napoleonic War period and these seem to be fairly accessible to the Collector although again, some can be expensive. (Roy's collection showing some superb examples).

I know a number of Regiments celebrate Waterloo Day, my own, The Coldstream Guards, 'Hang the Brick' later in the year in commemoration of the deeds of Sergeant Graham, 'The Bravest Man at Waterloo'!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_..._Army_soldier)

Anything out there or details of how the various Regiments commemorate this day?

Simon.

Last edited by Hawthorn; 18-06-21 at 12:14 PM.