British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Everything Else > Off topic

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 31-08-19, 09:40 AM
Administrator

Default The Brave Browser

I've been playing around - on and off - with the new crypto browser BRAVE for about 5 months now.

It's very similar to Google chrome (basically the same actually) BUT... it is secure, private and blocks ads automatically.

You can import all your chrome bookmarks to brave with a couple of clicks in the same way you probably imported your links to chrome.

Brave has a crypto currency feature which allows to to collect an advert based crypto token- 'BAT' the 'Basic Attention Token'. You receive the token for opting in to view certain BAT ads. With this you can also tip content creators.

It has an actual strong private mode with TOR tabs, rather than the pretend private mode you've got with chrome.

I cannot see how this browser will not be the chrome killer eventually.

take a look via our promotional link, you'll be helping support the forum if you can use it for 30 days or more:

Brave Browser

If you're not using an ad blocker you will find ebay a much more pleasant experience in this browser.
Old 31-08-19, 10:50 AM
Administrator

I see Wikipedia has joined Brave. That's quite a gain for the browser.

https://cryptoslate.com/wikipedia-ve...-market-share/

Going to be interesting watching this pan out. If you use google products to surf the internet Google gets paid. Use Brave and you and the content creators get paid.

Now who will the masses prefer?
Old 31-08-19, 01:21 PM

I rarely use Google search. I use Dissenter as a browser mainly with some Firefox. Can't remember with Brave but there were a couple of things it didn't do which is why I stopped using it on the same day I tried it. Vivaldi was another one.
I think Chrome like Firefox like FB like eBay are all too big now to kill off. Alphabet is massive and had a US$136.8 billion revenue last year with US$37B net profit.
Good luck in trying to kill that off.
Besides most people aren't savvy about browsers and the net even though they might use it every day.
Old 31-08-19, 02:31 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeochil View Post
I rarely use Google search. I use Dissenter as a browser mainly with some Firefox. Can't remember with Brave but there were a couple of things it didn't do which is why I stopped using it on the same day I tried it. Vivaldi was another one.
I think Chrome like Firefox like FB like eBay are all too big now to kill off. Alphabet is massive and had a US$136.8 billion revenue last year with US$37B net profit.
Good luck in trying to kill that off.
Besides most people aren't savvy about browsers and the net even though they might use it every day.

I'm not suggesting a new browser will kill off Google etc. I am suggesting Chrome will be surpassed by a crypto browser like Brave - and in a much quicker time frame than what Chrome took to replace Internet Explorer.

Another thing regarding the Brave browser - you can accumulate tokens as you browse the internet. These are worth 0.176 USD today. These are very early days.

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies...tention-token/

You cannot cash out at this time but you can accumulate. If the BAT/Brave system gets going these early token payments could be worth a lot more in the future. Hey - who knows - perhaps ebay will take them as a payment for for won badge auctions in a few years? Yes a BAT token might be worth $0.00 in five years. But it might also be worth $20.

Personally, I feel it's my duty to help this protect. We have to give the competition to these advertising giants (Google, FB etc) a chance. If you don't, then you must be happy being the 'product' of these companies? Because nothing will change unless we at least try something new when it comes along.
Old 31-08-19, 02:36 PM
Administrator

Here's the BAT publisher growth rate:

https://batgrowth.com/

today it stands at: 249,099

Quarter million. Tiny yes. but we shall see were that goes.
Old 12-02-20, 12:41 PM
Administrator

Update for anyone that is interested.
Here's what I've accumulated since the date of the previous post: 369 tokens worth $115.
I expect that those tokens will be worth $10 each in very short order if the browser gains any traction. Wishful thinking?
I only have one instance of google chrome on the machines I use now. Cannot recall using it in recent months. Will delete that soon too.
Regarding the brave 'bat' tokens if there is no price spike hopefully I can get to 1000 then I'll start giving away any further tokens.