British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Canadian Military Insignia > Airborne and Special Forces

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 16-08-09, 12:08 PM
Super Moderator

Default Another "bad" Can Para Corps badge

An example of the so called late war Canadian Parachute Corps badge. It is in brass, which is in keeping with the original issue. One could make quite a collection of Canadian Parachute Corps repros just in themselves.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Canadian-Parachu...d=p3286.c0.m14
Old 16-08-09, 12:41 PM

A wise seller, Bill. Doesn't say anything about the badge except the size. Doesn't say anything in fact, so the onus is on the buyer.......
Jo

“There are things we know that we know,” “There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we do not know we don't know.”
Donald Rumsfeld, before the Iraqi Invasion,2003.

Age is something that doesn't matter, unless you are a cheese.
Old 16-08-09, 06:40 PM

Canadians and Americans VERY MUCH alike, Hehehehe!
Old 16-08-09, 08:35 PM

This badge is very much like the ones that were turning up about 30 years ago.

Phil
Old 16-08-09, 08:42 PM

Well bgpipes, yes and no.
Jo
A Canadian is sort of like an American, but without the gun.
Anonymous

Americans are benevolently ignorant about Canada, while Canadians are malevolently well informed about the United States.
J. Bartlet Brebner

Canada is a country whose main exports are hockey players and cold fronts. Our main imports are baseball players and acid rain.
Pierre E. Trudeau

If the general attitude of Canadians toward their mighty neighbor to the south could be distilled into a single phrase, that phrase would probably be "Oh, shut up." The Americans talked too much, mainly about themselves. Their torrid love affair with their own history and legend exceeded - painfully - the quasi-British Canadian idea of modesty and self-restraint . . . They were forever busting their buttons in spasms of insufferable yahoo pride or all too publicly agonizing over their crises.
Bruce McCall

We'll explain the appeal of curling to you if you explain the appeal of the National Rifle Association to us.
Andy Barrie

God Bless America, but God help Canada to put up with them!
Anonymous

After all, we fought the Yanks in 1812 and kicked them the hell out of our country - but not with blanks.
Farley Mowat

“There are things we know that we know,” “There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we do not know we don't know.”

Old 17-08-09, 12:13 AM

I get the NRA well enough, but curling?????...that's kinda like housework on ice isn't it?

I'm actually in no-man's land - my friends in the 'old country' think I'm armed & dangerous, & my friends in the states think I talk funny.
Old 17-08-09, 12:33 AM

You should see the faces of your fellow american countrymen when the listen to and my best friend speak french...........
Jo

Last edited by Voltigeur; 17-08-09 at 12:53 AM.
Old 17-08-09, 02:35 AM

"A Canadian is sort of like an American, but without the gun.
Anonymous

Americans are benevolently ignorant about Canada, while Canadians are malevolently well informed about the United States.
J. Bartlet Brebner

Canada is a country whose main exports are hockey players and cold fronts. Our main imports are baseball players and acid rain.
Pierre E. Trudeau

If the general attitude of Canadians toward their mighty neighbor to the south could be distilled into a single phrase, that phrase would probably be "Oh, shut up." The Americans talked too much, mainly about themselves. Their torrid love affair with their own history and legend exceeded - painfully - the quasi-British Canadian idea of modesty and self-restraint . . . They were forever busting their buttons in spasms of insufferable yahoo pride or all too publicly agonizing over their crises.
Bruce McCall

We'll explain the appeal of curling to you if you explain the appeal of the National Rifle Association to us.
Andy Barrie

God Bless America, but God help Canada to put up with them!
Anonymous

After all, we fought the Yanks in 1812 and kicked them the hell out of our country - but not with blanks.
Farley Mowat "

Do any Canadians actually believe this pompous crap above?...More fuel for an article I just read called "The ugly Canadian"
Honestly I don;t know anyone who believes such crap...anyway I like to think I,m just like Bagpipes...He's a fine role model.....now back to badges..M.
Old 17-08-09, 03:12 AM

Thumbs up Americans and Canadians

I have only the highest respect,and regard for Canada and many of the Canadians that I know personally,otherwise,I would not be in this beloved hobby. As a career police officer,I knew that it was far better to have a gun,and not need it, than to need a gun,and not have it. I know that if this country were suddenly "disarmed,by law", only the thugs and criminals would have them. That is NOT going to happen boys,at least in my lifetime. I take great pride in the fact that we have this long,unguarded border between us, and I never, ever want to see that changed. "UP THE CANUCKS"!
Old 17-08-09, 04:33 AM

Hi bgpipes, once in a while it's good NOT to take ourselves too seriously and have fun at each other's quirks and idiosyncracies. I think we have been neighbour for far too long not to laugh at each other........all in good clean fun.
Regards bgpipes.
Jo

Last edited by Voltigeur; 17-08-09 at 05:14 AM.
Old 19-08-09, 09:12 PM

Thumbs up Hi Volty!

Hi Volty!, I agree, we do occasionally take ourselves way too serious, I know that I am guilty of that. So, when I begin to orate pompously,please calm me down.
Old 19-08-09, 09:38 PM

Will do ..............with pleasure and in a friendly manner.
Regards
Jo

Old 20-08-09, 02:08 AM

You don't need to apologize for anything Uncle Bill...You're still my hero....MIke
Old 20-08-09, 03:14 PM

Thumbs up Hi Mike!!

Hi Mike, please give Molly a BIG hug for me, and give my best regards to your dad. Bill E.