British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Australian Military Insignia > General Topics

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 13-04-21, 08:41 PM

Default Putting on of new sliders

Anyone know anyone on here who can fit sliders (or collar badge fittings) to a bronze badge please ?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1ST-ROYAL...7d75%7Ciid%3A1

Ps dont know if this is worth £20 or not ?
Old 13-04-21, 09:36 PM

That badge would have had two flat/flexible tangs for attaching to the cap, not a slider or lugs.
Old 13-04-21, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil2M View Post
That badge would have had two flat/flexible tangs for attaching to the cap, not a slider or lugs.
Thanks Phil. I noticed that. But in my situation i'm actually not bothered how i secure it. As long as i have something to secure it.
Old 13-04-21, 09:50 PM

Putting a slider on that badge would be a crime in my opinion and not too far off from securing it to something with carpet tacks.

It’s a beautiful badge, worth paying to have it properly repaired with blades and re-bronzed.

Magpie or Warren Butcher are my suggestions.

In car terms you’ve got a vintage Rolls-Royce and are considering sticking Ford Mondeo doors on it.
Old 13-04-21, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke H View Post
Putting a slider on that badge would be a crime in my opinion and not too far off from securing it to something with carpet tacks.

It’s a beautiful badge, worth paying to have it properly repaired with blades and re-bronzed.

Magpie or Warren Butcher are my suggestions.

In car terms you’ve got a vintage Rolls-Royce and are considering sticking Ford Mondeo doors on it.
Thanks for the heads up !
Old 14-04-21, 10:38 AM

You’re welcome.

It’s worth confirming the size and checking dates of this badge with the cavalry and OSD boffs. It’s certainly pre-1924 as if memory serves that’s when Jennens were taken over by Gaunt.

I can seen these with blades listed for between £65-135 on dealers sites. Your badge being marked Jennens is firstly far nicer quality than most of those others and second highly sought after and desirable by OSD collectors.

With a professional repair restoring it you will never in my opinion lose out on it.