British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Everything Else > Off topic

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 30-03-16, 10:28 PM

Then of course there is always:

Ludo that becomes Llandudno.........................depending on where it is.

Regards

Brian
Old 31-03-16, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlily View Post
I do indeed recognise it

Just personal taste again but I loathe tattoos on the lower back, Eurgh tramp stamps. Despite how I might come across I'm actually a bit on the girly side and wouldnt have my leg tattooed, for me I just think it looks trashy. I would rather have it somewhere on my body for only me to see. I know that doesn't make sense, I'm laughing to myself as well because the view I currently have completely contradicts what I've just written. I'm a bundle of contradictions.
"Tramp stamps", Trashy".. Wow, wouldn't have pegged you for a prejudiced, judgemental person, Alli. I think we'll have to agree to disagree on that one. I've seen plenty of beautiful artwork on women's lower backs and calve's to contradict that, but as you say , to each their own. If it comes across as "trashy" to you ,that's your prerogative.
Nothing wrong with being on the "girly"side , but you are, after all, a woman. And at some point, at a certain age, "girliness" can come across as a travesty of youth. I assure you, kids today do not view leg tattoos and lower back tattoos as "trashy". Their parents might. .

"One day I'll leave you, a phantom to lead you in the Summer, to join the Black Parade"
Old 31-03-16, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliedog012012 View Post
WAAAAY back in the day I was a band called "Rage In Eden".

Colin,
Interesting name for a band. I believe that somewhere in my deep and distant past that a new wave band called Ultravox (???) had an album of a similar name. Was there any connection?
James, you are spot on! It was the album title of one their releases. The only connection was we all loved the album title and it seemed fitting to our band at the time; young, rebellious and full of ourselves. A kind of controlled rebellion , questioning the received truths we'd been brought up with.

"One day I'll leave you, a phantom to lead you in the Summer, to join the Black Parade"
Old 31-03-16, 01:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatherofthree View Post

Regards

Brian
Or Adam becoming Amsterdam

Old 31-03-16, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatherofthree View Post

Regards

Brian
Llandudno?

Whats wrong with Loch?

That becomes Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysilio gogogoch?
Old 31-03-16, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubervamp View Post
"Tramp stamps", Trashy".. Wow, wouldn't have pegged you for a prejudiced, judgemental person, Alli. I think we'll have to agree to disagree on that one. I've seen plenty of beautiful artwork on women's lower backs and calve's to contradict that, but as you say , to each their own. If it comes across as "trashy" to you ,that's your prerogative.
Nothing wrong with being on the "girly"side , but you are, after all, a woman. And at some point, at a certain age, "girliness" can come across as a travesty of youth. I assure you, kids today do not view leg tattoos and lower back tattoos as "trashy". Their parents might. .
Oh yes I'm obviously extremely prejudiced and judgemental I'm surprised you haven't picked up on the vitriol I spout forth before. As I said its a matter of personal taste. I don't like tattoos on the lower back and yes I've seen plenty of beautiful ones and the same goes for legs, again I've seen beautiful tattoo's but I still think for me and on me it would look trashy.
At a certain age girliness can come across as a travesty of youth? That's very funny. You should get that tattooed under your MCR spiel.
If you knew me you'd appreciate why I find that hilarious.
Why would I need your assurance how "kids today" view tattoos? And more importantly why would I care? Again this is all really funny for the reason stated above.
You took it upon yourself to give me advice on where I should site a tattoo of MY choice on MY body. Tattoos are the most personal forms of body modification there are. I gave my personal opinion. And you've given yours, also tried to insult me as well but I'll that slide because that made me laugh a lot. Funny.
Old 31-03-16, 10:02 AM

Quote:
How patronising can you get?.
Old 31-03-16, 10:19 AM

Hang on a moment guys and gals, this started off as a somewhat amusing very off-topic thread, don't let it deteriorate into a punch up!

I am sure Colin (Ubervamp) had his tongue firmly in his cheek when he made his comments - I certainly didn't read it as anything like a personal or patronising attack on anyone.

Perhaps it's time we went back to badges and the like!
Old 31-03-16, 11:19 AM

It was indeed meant very tongue in cheek.
I see in retrospect I could have phrased it differently, and probably added some smilies.
Alli is probably the least judgemental member here, so I assumed the wind-up would be clear...
As for the girlie-remark, that was just me giving a nod to the fact that me and her both enjoy being childish , though some people our age might frown upon it.

I apologise if I offended anyone. There's been enough aggro on the forum lately for me to want to add to that.

Old 31-03-16, 11:44 AM

Colin I appreciate the apology thank you.

I'm the last person to want to fuel unnecessary tension. And agreed there has been more than enough bad feeling around here of late.

So back to the topic, I'm still waiting to find out the story behind Graham's lovely tattoos.
Old 31-03-16, 01:52 PM

Location: A Yorkshireman in exile 'Up North' and an ‘Honorary Smoggie’.

I went into a tattooist once but I was a bit hazy as to what I really wanted. After a bit of thought I said, " could you do me some marching Scottish pipers, some Drummers from the Royal Marines and a few cannons? "
"Ah!" Said the tattooist, " you want a Military Tattoo!"....,,,
.......Sorry!
Old 31-03-16, 02:18 PM

Quote:
I went into a tattooist once but I was a bit hazy as to what I really wanted. After a bit of thought I said, " could you do me some marching Scottish pipers, some Drummers from the Royal Marines and a few cannons? "
.......Sorry!
James. That's flipping awful
Old 31-03-16, 03:08 PM

Quote:
.......Sorry!
Groan

Old 31-03-16, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWEF View Post
Llandudno?

Whats wrong with Loch?

That becomes Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysilio gogogoch?
Love it. Marvellous.

Regards

Brian
Old 31-03-16, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Or Adam becoming Amsterdam
And love this as well.

Regards
Brian