British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Common Forums > Reproductions, Restrikes, Fakes, Forgeries, and Copies

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 12-02-21, 05:41 AM

Default Border regiment

Hello again! Now I hope to get better pictures to study than in my last thread!...What do you think about this badge? It seems really similar to one WWI I saw in here...but I am not sure...what is your opinion please?
Screenshot_20210212-010425.jpg

Screenshot_20210212-010505.jpg
Old 12-02-21, 07:02 AM

Looks fine to me.
Cheers,
Alex
Old 12-02-21, 09:29 AM

Unmarked F. Narborough badge with w/m tangs holding the red felt and with the nasty undefined mess between the upper arm of the Maltese Cross and the crown.

There are some very interesting threads on Narborough made badges on the forum which will help you place the time of manufacture if interested. Easy enough to find using 'search'.

If you want one example of a Border Regiment badge for your collection, then perhaps a Narborough badge wouldn't be the best example of British manufacture. However, if it is just an example of the period then nothing wrong with it.

I sold my Narborough Border badge many years ago and replaced it with some better examples. However, I may decide to collect to this manufacturer one day.

Unfortunately some Narborough dies do appear to have been used by fakers, with tapered sliders fitted and marked ENGLAND, so one needs to be careful.
Mark

Last edited by dubaiguy; 12-02-21 at 09:42 AM.
Old 12-02-21, 11:10 AM

Thanks a lot for the info! I use a lot the "search" option in here...and I found this thread:

https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/fo...order+regiment

But the badge you can see in there is more crisp that the one I show in here...that is why asked...it is not so good as I would expect...so I became to think that maybe it was a fake...but you are right, it would be better let it go...thanks again!!
Old 12-02-21, 04:21 PM

FN made badges are usually not the best made examples, but they are of course original. I have quite a few and like them none the less. I would certainly keep it.
CB

Last edited by cbuehler; 12-02-21 at 04:31 PM.
Old 12-02-21, 07:21 PM

Really?...well...you are the expert! I will buy it! Thank you for your help!
Old 12-02-21, 08:04 PM

Always good to make a decision and buy a badge. Here's some of my examples if your interest in the Border Regiment is piqued by your purchase.
Mark
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Border Reg.jpg (65.3 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg border.jpg (57.2 KB, 38 views)
Old 12-02-21, 08:39 PM

Wow! That is a nice grouping!!! From different era, materials and design! Pretty nice!!!!