British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Cavalry, Yeomanry, Tank/RAC Badges

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 23-12-16, 10:02 PM

Default 10th Hussars Cpls HMSS Arm Badge

Hi all,

Well I have been pouring through Linaker and Dine and have determined this badge to be the intermediate sized 10th Hussars arm badge worn by Corporals. It is in mint condition and is Gaunt marked one hall marked Birmingham hallmark for 1919/20. The size is 44.5x40mm with three loops and upswept scroll.

Plate 30.1 in L&D badge B early silver badge is the same size and shape with fine feathers. Gaunt marked badges are also then post 1969.

Sparkles well on Christmas tree, cheers Dean.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (58.0 KB, 37 views)

Last edited by mooke07; 23-12-16 at 10:17 PM.
Old 23-12-16, 10:03 PM

Reverse
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (65.0 KB, 37 views)
Old 26-12-16, 06:49 PM

Well I have been pouring through Linaker and Dine and have determined this badge to be the intermediate sized 10th Hussars arm badge worn by Corporals. It is in mint condition and is Gaunt marked one hall marked Birmingham hallmark for 1919/20. The size is 44.5x40mm with three loops and upswept scroll.

Plate 30.1 in L&D badge B early silver badge is the same size and shape with fine feathers. Gaunt marked badges are also then post 1969.

Hello Dean

Nice Arm badge, but not to sure about the date you've suggested. I think the date letter is a 'u' for 1919/20 which would make it too early for a 10H intermediate sized Cpls Arm Badge as they were only apparently introduced c.1937. However there are other 'U's.
It might be earlier of course possibly 3DG, but IMO I think it is more likely to be post WWII so as you have said 10H, or even Royal Hussars.

I cannot see the hallmark clearly to comment further, so perhaps you would be kind enough to post a close up image of the hallmark in order to see the form of the date letter.

Merry Xmas
Cheers
Rob

The older I get ................the better I was !

Last edited by Robthereiver; 27-12-16 at 11:08 AM. Reason: grammar

Tags
10th hussars