British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Everything Else > Off topic

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 13-07-13, 04:14 PM
Member 2008-16- Rest in Peace

Default apologies

To the people who have been writing to me and have yet to have a reply, my apologies, I can not remember how long my little ISP problem has lasted, probably around three weeks but that is the reason.

There were days when I could connect only to find that as soon as I clicked on something, I lost the connection, you could say my server was on and off more times than a busy prostitutes nickers ?? it was certainly frustrating, particularly when trying to reply to an e-mail that was lost as soon as I hit the ' send ' button.

I will now try to catch up with those who are waiting for specific answers etc and again, my apologies,

Dave.
Old 13-07-13, 04:29 PM

Location: In Luxembourg for the last 20 years and staying. They take much better care of us here....

Quote:
Originally Posted by davec2 View Post
To the people who have been writing to me and have yet to have a reply, my apologies, I can not remember how long my little ISP problem has lasted, probably around three weeks but that is the reason.

There were days when I could connect only to find that as soon as I clicked on something, I lost the connection, you could say my server was on and off more times than a busy prostitutes nickers ?? it was certainly frustrating, particularly when trying to reply to an e-mail that was lost as soon as I hit the ' send ' button.

I will now try to catch up with those who are waiting for specific answers etc and again, my apologies,

Dave.
Nice that you are back in circulation Dave. I thought you may have been away or needed some of my tablets....... I did wonder about the eternal connection problems that you seem to get where you are.
The best to Kath. Rgds, David
Old 13-07-13, 04:31 PM

Wink

Dave,
nice try mate blaming it on technology, is it not a case of a senior moment!!! We are all entitled to them though I will have to wait a few years for mine to start.....apparently the wife disagrees with me and they started years ago!!!!!

Keep smiling, Dave
Old 13-07-13, 06:02 PM

Hello apologetic Dave,

I had a similar problem last week. So I took my BT junction boxes apart, cleaned out the spiders and other inhabitants, cleaned the 2 cables and the terminals, end of problem.

And put them back together again.

Marc
London

Last edited by 54Bty; 13-07-13 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Missed out some text.
Old 13-07-13, 06:51 PM

When last my Virgin Media was playing up I phoned customer services and asked them to sort it out - Result, and a faster WiFi Modem as well!

Wanted Poppy Pins
Old 13-07-13, 09:07 PM
Member 2008-16- Rest in Peace

Thanks gentlemen,

Too clever for me Marc !

Senior moments Dave, I invented them.

Mike, you obviously do not know the difference between Virgin and Timetalk, firstly you have to get through to customer services and then decide if they are telling porkies or not, what ever happens it isn't their fault.

I have to point out that I haven't been sitting here day in and day out hoping it would repair itself, believe it or not but I actually had the same thought as yourself and phoned customer services, up to at least six times a day ?? I might be senile but I aint stupid ??

Dave.