British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Anodised Aluminium Badges

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 14-10-12, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54Bty View Post
These are the ones that you could purchase thru mail order and have been on the forum elsewhere!
Royal Anglian one have this type of long fixing and made by.........?,to make a set of british army badges.......Foxed me for a very long time.
Old 15-10-12, 11:59 AM

Default M.S.O. Badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukbrits View Post
Hi Guys,
Heres a badge open to opinion wether it should be included in the staybrite web pages.It is the cap badge to the Mixed Services Organisation B.A.O.R. This badge was made by removing the E.R 11 cypher from an ordinary R.C.T staybrite badge and placing on top of the badge the M.S.O B.A.O.R brass disc on top (as can be seen on the piccy).Incidentally this badge is not listed in Peter's book "collecting anodised badges" . I beleive the M.S.O'S were mainly Czech's & Poles working for the M.O.D in Germany as drivers etc, hence the unusual badge.I do not know if they had M.O.D approval to wear this badge?Your opinion wether this badge should be included in Hagwalthers Web pages would be appreciated.
Regards.
Colin
Hi there is also a REME one with the world removed and brass MSO BAOR these were worn in the Wk/sps I have both in my collection i also have a write up that these badges were worn Richie
Old 15-10-12, 12:09 PM

Default rare badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter616 View Post
Chris

yes it is a solid back badge.

peter
Hi Peter I have one of these I spoke to the Capt in the TA unit and he said they were only used for a short period in 1957 Richie
Old 15-10-12, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54Bty View Post
Lancashire Fusiliers Not mine
HI I have one mine as HW Timings Ltd B/Ham ON the slider Richie
Old 30-10-12, 10:08 PM

The links don't work for me. Do you have to sign in with picasa?
Old 30-10-12, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sappersson View Post
The links don't work for me. Do you have to sign in with picasa?
Hi sapperson,

These pages are very out of date now and will contain quite a few omissions and errors. If I get a moment I will try and check through them all and get the pages working again if they are not working.

Problem is that I am pretty busy at the mo with getting a book to the printers this week and then having to do some outstanding work with German combat badges and don't see much spare time for a few weeks.

Regards

Chris
Old 03-11-12, 12:48 AM

Hi Chris
No Worries. Can't wait for the book.

Cheers Paul.
Old 03-11-12, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sappersson View Post
Hi Chris
No Worries. Can't wait for the book.

Cheers Paul.
Hi Paul,

Sent to the printers a couple of days ago.

Regards

Chris
Old 13-09-21, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagwalther View Post
Thanks Alan,

When I get back to New Zealand I hope to sort my notes out and expose a few other 'rare variant' items.

One interesting item to look out for though is the Royal Engineers one part badge. This was produced as a prototype together with the two part badge and the choice was made to go with the two part badge before sealing and authorising it for issue.

This was a rare procedure to make such an actual badge from hardened dies and then to scrap it as a lead impression was usually made from a single design only and a decision to proceed taken from there.

As such, no one part RE badges were authorised for issue although two hardened dies were made.

I can't reference this now but come upon it in the RE badge file in the National Archives.

I picked my one part badge from a dealer on eBay for a couple of quid and suspect that there cannot be too many about.

Regards

Chris
A bit late to the party, but the 2 x one piece RE anod al badges without manufacturer's marks that I have.

The black painted badge was picked up about 1973 along with unpainted "RA Hughes Ltd" and "T&S" two piece versions (from a junk shop in Lee, S.E. London for 5p each), the unpainted badge from forum "Classifieds" in 2017.

The fact that the one piece badge is painted suggests (can't be sure) that it had been in wear around the time of purchase, painted black for wear in NI, officially authorised for all units from early September 1973.

From reading other posts in this thread it appears that the one piece trials reject badges found their way into wear over the decades since manufacture.

Some surviving having been issued during the trials to squaddies who've continued to wear them?
Others "found in a box in stores" and utilised or sneaked into the supply chain decades later by the manufacturer?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210913_114628~2.jpg (62.6 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg 20210913_114650~2.jpg (58.8 KB, 26 views)

Tags
anodised, staybrite