British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Common Forums > Headdress

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 30-11-21, 04:36 PM

Some sample pages.

Jon
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hats Page 69.jpg (41.6 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg Hats Page 25.jpg (43.8 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg Hats Page 7.jpg (41.9 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg Hats Page 36.jpg (43.6 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg Hats Page 37.jpg (47.3 KB, 36 views)
Old 30-11-21, 08:10 PM

Fascinating and informative! I had not realized that so many badges were worn with various backings on the GS and beret. I must say the GS cap was a horror however. Not much of a beret fan either....but that is the way it was.
I also note the FFY OSD cap with what appears to be a collar badge.

CB
Old 30-11-21, 11:19 PM

If I join the MHS, will I receive the book upon membership, or will I need to buy it?
Old 30-11-21, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postwarden View Post
Some sample pages.

Jon
WOW!!! Finally It is possible to buy as an e-book???
Old 01-12-21, 11:48 AM

I will ask the Society about electronic copies and if a new member would get a free copy or have to buy one anyway.

Jon
Old 01-12-21, 01:55 PM

Ok, thanks!!!
Old 02-12-21, 11:35 AM

I have checked with The Society but it has a policy of not providing electronic copies of its Bulletins.

Anyone joining the Military Historical Society for 2021 before the end of 2021 will receive the four 2021 Bulletins plus the Headdress Special for their £20 annual subscription (or overseas rate as appropriate).

Their 2022 subscription would then become due in 1st January 2022. New members electing to start their membership on 1st January 2022 would then have to purchase the Headdress Special at £18 plus p&p.

Hope that helps.

Jon
Old 02-12-21, 01:43 PM

Aye,
I can confirm I received my copy with my MHS Bulletin.
Cheers
Hiram
Old 02-12-21, 02:38 PM

I just joined and opted for 2021 membership and received my four mhs bulletins and the headdress special, looks good and it includes a few from my collection.

Quote:
I have checked with The Society but it has a policy of not providing electronic copies of its Bulletins.

Anyone joining the Military Historical Society for 2021 before the end of 2021 will receive the four 2021 Bulletins plus the Headdress Special for their £20 annual subscription (or overseas rate as appropriate).

Their 2022 subscription would then become due in 1st January 2022. New members electing to start their membership on 1st January 2022 would then have to purchase the Headdress Special at £18 plus p&p.

Hope that helps.

Jon

Jerry
Old 03-12-21, 10:58 AM

Quote:

Hope that helps.

Jon
Oh....bad news for me...overseas makes the items too expensives due to customs and their new policíes...well ..thanks a lot anyway for your kindly help!
Old 05-12-21, 05:23 PM

Many thanks for the information; I joined the MHS today.
Old 05-12-21, 06:36 PM

Default Customs Charges on MHS Publications

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trubia26 View Post
Is it possible to buy as an e-book? I am afraid that customs would ask me for another 20-25£ if I receive it by postal service...
Can you tell me where you are? I have been involved in the sale of MHS publications for 8 years now and I have never had anybody report that they have been charged customs duty. With the new customs regulations operating from the UK, every overseas packet carries a customs label declaring the contents, weight and value. The packets which I send out personally simply state "Members Journal" and I am sure that the other person despatching packages will use a similar description.

I would be pleased to hear if any member of the Forum has experienced any problems with customs on items sent by MHS. We send around 300 packets internationally each year with no problems reported to date.
Old 05-12-21, 06:50 PM

Got my copies and am well chuffed. I had a Grenadier Guards OSD Forage cap, that had an altered peak and brown chin strap. Only to be told by a certain Guards collector ( that is no longer a member, wink wink nudge nudge ) that it was not correct ?! Only to find that there is one identical in this booklet.....
Andy
Old 05-12-21, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamyam View Post
I would be pleased to hear if any member of the Forum has experienced any problems with customs on items sent by MHS. We send around 300 packets internationally each year with no problems reported to date.
I am from Spain, I have been buying from UK many years (first through eBay, and for the last two years from this wonderful forum...in fact the 95% of my British badges collection came from here) and never had any problem with customs...but from july (and due to the brexit) customs became really hard with all the items that come from UK...I told in another thread my last bad experiencies...I bought a headset throught eBay, and even paying the taxes to eBay (now you must pay the item, the shipment and the taxes) just because came from UK customs ask me for 27€ extra for received it...and two months ago I bought three badges in here (as I told you I have bought the most of my collection in here and never had any problem), well, the member Who sold me sent to me in a little envelope, marked as a gift not as a commodity, and customs take It and asked me for 37€ more if I want to received just because came from UK! The customs nightmare started in july...and now I can't buy in UK because I don't know how much It Will be cost when customs put their abusive hands on the package...
Old 06-12-21, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trubia26 View Post
and now I can't buy in UK because I don't know how much It Will be cost when customs put their abusive hands on the package...
Let us Experiment. Order a copy on the mhs website: www.militaryhistoricalsociety.co.uk but do not pay. Ensure that you include your Trubia handle somewhere in the order and I will send you a copy. If you receive it without a customs charge, send me the payment through PayPal (details on the website). If they want to charge customs duty, refuse the package.