British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Anodised Aluminium Badges

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 07-10-21, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillip Herring View Post
Could it have been worn on a waist belt plate?
Did they wear a belt ? The KRH dont. I dont know which regt that came from.
Old 13-10-21, 04:21 PM

Hi Bess,
This a cracking 100% genuine item....a great find. This badge is either a very early issue or a trial pattern perhaps the Colonels did not like.

Whatever it is it's a bloody good find! Just because it's different to the normal badge which is slidered does not mean by any means it's a fake.

In my experience there are variations on a theme, eg The Royal Green Jackets had an a/a badge with a slider & lugs so did the Coldstream & Grenadier Guards, Queens own Mercian Yeomanry, Royal Scots Greys & Royal Armoured Corps.... I'm sure if I had the time I could name a few more!

Anyway, thanks for sharing your scarce find.
Best Regards
Colin
Old 13-10-21, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukbrits View Post

In my experience there are variations on a theme, eg The Royal Green Jackets had an a/a badge with a slider & lugs so did the Coldstream & Grenadier Guards, Queens own Mercian Yeomanry, Royal Scots Greys & Royal Armoured Corps.... I'm sure if I had the time I could name a few more!
I have the RGJ in black and silver with lugs. The Mercian Yeomanry with lugs is described by the IWM as for being for the side hat. There was one that i hadnt come across which was the Gloucestershire Hussars . Oddly,the slider version was described as for the side hat and the lugged as the cap badge. Yet you only see the slidered version.
The Grenadier and Coldstream were late patterns by London Badge. Id read that the reason they were lugged was that the Guards felt the slidered badges moved in the cap/beret.