British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Common Forums > Reproductions, Restrikes, Fakes, Forgeries, and Copies

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 20-03-19, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magpie View Post
How much was this refund you didn't get.
Hate to admit it but I'm out over 1,000 gpb. A painful lesson.
Old 21-03-19, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombers View Post
Hate to admit it but I'm out over 1,000 gpb. A painful lesson.
I don't know how it works in Canada but I had a similar problem with a badge that I bought via PayPal from a guy in Germany.

When received, the badge was found to have been repaired and not worth the money that I paid for it.

As my PayPal A/C was linked to my credit card I simply went to my bank who issued the credit card to me with some images of repairs and bingo within a couple of days I had my full refund.

In New Zealand when we purchase something using a credit card (in this case via PayPal) we are deemed to be purchasing from the bank and not the vendor and if things all go tits up it is the bank we go to for redress and not the scam artist. Therefore it was the bank who refunded my money and I suppose they got their money back from PayPal and PayPal got their money back from dodgy dealer.

You are right re: PayPal - could not be bothered at all.

Regards,

Chris
Old 21-03-19, 02:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagwalther View Post
I don't know how it works in Canada but I had a similar problem with a badge that I bought via PayPal from a guy in Germany.

When received, the badge was found to have been repaired and not worth the money that I paid for it.

As my PayPal A/C was linked to my credit card I simply went to my bank who issued the credit card to me with some images of repairs and bingo within a couple of days I had my full refund.

In New Zealand when we purchase something using a credit card (in this case via PayPal) we are deemed to be purchasing from the bank and not the vendor and if things all go tits up it is the bank we go to for redress and not the scam artist. Therefore it was the bank who refunded my money and I suppose they got their money back from PayPal and PayPal got their money back from dodgy dealer.

You are right re: PayPal - could not be bothered at all.

Regards,

Chris
Thanks Chris, unfortunately whatever could go wrong did go wrong with my purchase. It's a long story but initially Paypal ruled in my favour. My item was returned to the seller and the tracking showed it was delivered however no signature was obtained as requested. No signature, no refund according to Paypal...........I know right?
Old 21-03-19, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Thanks Chris, unfortunately whatever could go wrong did go wrong with my purchase. It's a long story but initially Paypal ruled in my favour. My item was returned to the seller and the tracking showed it was delivered however no signature was obtained as requested. No signature, no refund according to Paypal...........I know right?
Try the bank for your refund if you used a credit card as the instrument to transact between yourself and PayPal.

When I sent my badge back it also got 'lost' in Germany. My bank did not give a damn about the delivery so long as I could provide proof of postage to the seller in Germany with NZ Post receipt and photo of address on the return package. I still received my money back and I'm pretty sure they (the bank) were not going to be left out of pocket their end either. As I stated in my previous post, my contract was with the bank and not with PayPal or the seller.

Give it a go.

Regards,

Chris

Last edited by hagwalther; 21-03-19 at 04:09 AM.
Old 21-03-19, 07:55 AM

Okay, I see, well, I'm afraid that sort of thing has been done the death over the years, I do certainly remember an idiot on ebay peddling completely spurious lozenge fabric, which he claimed to be original about fifteen years ago or so now.

Quote:
Cloth fabric from the tail section of a downed german aircraft.
Old 21-03-19, 08:50 AM

Less than 10 years old, I got his lot free from Shuttleworth which I think was from a camel, gladiator and something else I can't rember, I don't know if it's every year to keep them flying but the planes are stripped of the covering, new linen is refitted and tied on, then painted with dope to shrink it on and hung in the hanger to dry before reassembly or that's how it was explained to me as a boy on a school visit 50 years ago.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg _20190321_084532.jpg (30.4 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_1941.jpg (52.6 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_1942.jpg (78.9 KB, 28 views)
Old 21-03-19, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Gentlemen, I've been had. In my fifteen years of collecting I had never been the victim of a scam until I bought a fake WW1 German Airplane cut out on ebay from 9999destination AKA, David Empson of Ipswich. His offer of a full refund "if not delighted" was worthless. The item was returned followed by a series of bizarre excuses from Brexit to the Mexican Wall amongst others as the reasons for not returning my funds. Ebay and Paypal were utterly useless and sided with this fraudulent seller. He also sold a fake WW1 German helmet plate to another buyer and again never returned funds. I'm furious. I'm hoping to meet Mr. Empson and have a civil conversation with him one day. Unfortunately I'm across the pond in Canada.
I have posted warinings about Empson and his fakes on this forum several times, also his association with Lockdales Auctions as a cataloguer and mis-cataloguing his fakes as original in the auction.
He uses several names on eBay and is also involved with another faker trading as Uncle Ho.
Prospective buyers beware...

Keith
Old 21-03-19, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by popskipa View Post
I have posted warinings about Empson and his fakes on this forum several times, also his association with Lockdales Auctions as a cataloguer and mis-cataloguing his fakes as original in the auction.
He uses several names on eBay and is also involved with another faker trading as Uncle Ho.
Prospective buyers beware...

Keith
Keith,

Would he have traded under JJ Colectables Ltd on Ebay, notice this Seller has stopped trading and has previously sold lots of similar items. Will watch for his new Seller details if it is.

Simon.
Old 21-03-19, 12:18 PM

Default Aircraft fabric

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagwalther View Post
Try the bank for your refund if you used a credit card as the instrument to transact between yourself and PayPal.

When I sent my badge back it also got 'lost' in Germany. My bank did not give a damn about the delivery so long as I could provide proof of postage to the seller in Germany with NZ Post receipt and photo of address on the return package. I still received my money back and I'm pretty sure they (the bank) were not going to be left out of pocket their end either. As I stated in my previous post, my contract was with the bank and not with PayPal or the seller.

Give it a go.

Regards,

Chris
Thanks Chris. Unfortunately my paypal account was linked to a chequing account...a rookie mistake on my part. Don't think I have much recourse with the bank.
Old 08-04-19, 06:06 PM

more original fabric for sale

eBay item number:264268202189

Last edited by Bill A; 08-04-19 at 08:22 PM. Reason: livened link
Old 08-04-19, 07:39 PM

I like the bullet holes in this one ��
Old 08-04-19, 08:07 PM

I've never had a problem with paypal. Just got a refund last week for $102 from a company that never delivered what it promised. The company never replied to my complaint or paypals request by a certain date so my money was refunded and had it back in my cc within three days.