British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Schools, OTC and Cadets

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 27-01-16, 11:07 AM
Super Moderator

http://www.nam.ac.uk/inventory/objec...word=&page=782
The NAM have one.
Old 27-01-16, 11:41 AM

Thanks Alan,

I see they also have an example of the Waterloo Grammar School one as well.

I have tried another phone call to Wade Deacon School this morning to see if anyone can tell me about their old CCF affiliation. They promised me someone would phone me back. I am keeping my fingers crossed but not holding my breath.

Peter

Members welcome in my private Facebook group “The Kings Liverpool Regiment ( 1685-1958 )”
Old 27-01-16, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Brydon View Post
Thanks Alan,

I see they also have an example of the Waterloo Grammar School one as well.

I have tried another phone call to Wade Deacon School this morning to see if anyone can tell me about their old CCF affiliation. They promised me someone would phone me back. I am keeping my fingers crossed but not holding my breath.

Peter
try this peter
http://www.help4me.info/Service.aspx...3e471155e2e%7D
Old 27-01-16, 02:09 PM

Many thanks,

The school did tell me they have an Air Cadet unit currently and they are asking the C.O. of the unit if he knows anything about the old Army CCF unit.

Peter

Members welcome in my private Facebook group “The Kings Liverpool Regiment ( 1685-1958 )”
Old 27-08-17, 04:03 AM

As it is another typhoon day for me and we're housebound, I've uploaded a small album of the Essex related badges I have found so far. There are still some variations to find (e.g. Brentwood Cadets and Forest with full enamelling) and some further units, but I hope of interest with what I have so far.

http://www.britishbadgeforum.com/for...p?albumid=3243

This is a tricky sphere with limited information available and I'd be grateful for any corrections or further details to add to that.

Alan O, if the images will help build out your OTC badge thread feel free to link / use.
Old 11-11-17, 02:31 AM

Have added my latest additions to the album.

There are some different patterns still to find but I think the only units now not represented are Plaistow Cadet Corps and Wanstead County High School - unless anyone can add any further names to the list?
Old 12-11-17, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expat Yeoman View Post
I'm expanding my Essex Regt collection to include badges worn by OTC / CCF / ACF units that had a formal affiliation to the Regt AND wore their own badge. I'm aware of the following so far but are there any others to go on the list?

Bancrofts School
Brentwood School
Chigwell School
Felsted school
King Edward VI Grammar, Chelmsford

Essex County Cadets

Essex ACF (unofficial badge worn in the late 60s - early 70s)

I'd be very interested to learn dates of use too.

Many thanks in advance.

Michael
If you follow the link ,it gives CCFs affliated to the Royal Anglians ,so easy enough to pick out the units that are in Essex .
http://www.royalanglianregiment.com/phone/cadets.html
Old 25-11-17, 10:20 AM

Many thanks Mike, cross checking against mine I'm pretty certain I've got a definitive list of units now (unless anyone can thrown in a left field one...?!)
Old 25-11-17, 04:35 PM

I saw some nice Essex ACF cloth titles the other day. Yellow on pompadour with a separate company underneath it.
Old 27-11-17, 11:24 PM

Default Royal Liberty School Cadets

I went to the Royal Liberty School 67 to 74 when it was a top Grammar. We had a CCF with Army,Naval and Air Force contingents.It was a really well equipped CCF with the whole gamut of weaponry and our own ranges ,we also had a rubberband launched glider whose skid often chewed up the pitches. One amazing thing about the school was that it retained many of the huts built during WW1 to house the Artists Rifles who trained there.Our old 6th form hut was the Guard house at the entrance. I wet back to the School a few years ago to try and buy the hut to preserve it but it had sadly been demolished.