British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Everything Else > Foreign Badges and Insignia

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 28-07-23, 08:38 AM

Default Soviet Insignia Help

I got these USSR badges yesterday and when trying to identify them I realised how many there actually is in circulation!!

Does anyone collect these and can help with identification please? They're not in my collecting sphere but they looked pretty nice

Thanks in advance, Bill
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20230727_153914.jpg (82.8 KB, 85 views)

Last edited by Snowdrop 68; 28-07-23 at 01:49 PM.
Old 29-07-23, 12:21 PM

Test message, as I posted a reply and it did not appear. Am re - testing
Old 29-07-23, 12:41 PM

Hi,

I originally posted this reply, but lost signal so am re-posting.....

I believe that the badges which are numbered, eg: badges 3, 4, 5, 11 and 12 must be commemorative badges of an event, as the numbers eg: 40, 60 etc..... potentially indicate the number of years commemorating the event (this might seem obvious, but I thought I would write it here anyway).

Also if you see the website:

Russian Dictionary (openrussian.org)

Badge 4:

First word translated: udarnik, shock-worker, drummer, timpanist, striker, firing pin, pellet, plunger
Second word translated: 5 year plan

These translations come out when you put those words from badge 4 into this dictionary. So i would imagine that perhaps this is to do with commemorating 11 years / something similar of the Soviet 5 pear economic plan?

Many of the badges might be linked something to do with Lenin as he features on quite a few of them.

I might be mistaken with some of this info, but I definitely think that this dictionary can assist.

If you post some other pics I would be happy to help translate some more as not all of the writing is visible on them....

Hope this helps.

Many thanks and best regards
Old 29-07-23, 12:43 PM

Also Badge 5 might be a commemorative one for WW2 (what they called the Great Patriotic War 1941 - 1945) as it has these dates on it...
Old 29-07-23, 06:37 PM

The badges and others like them are produced as commemoratives and for tourists. Most of them could be purchased from street dealers in Berlin.

Marc
Old 02-08-23, 08:11 AM

Thanks for your replies,

I saw there was a huge number of commemorative badges and medals out there and had no clue where to start with these.

I will definitely have a look at that Russian dictionary to see if I can figure anything and relate it to images on the net.

Thanks again for your help,

Regards, Bill
Old 04-08-23, 08:25 PM

Hi Marc, thank you for the info, I didn't know the info that you posted. Many thanks