British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Common Forums > It's a Mystery -Unknown Insignia for Identification

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 10-07-21, 10:22 AM

Thank you High Wood for sending the photos of your impressive set of Burma Rifles badges, are they officers silver or white metal ORs? The collars look identical to mine from the front. To those of you who are asking if mine are for sale, sadly not as they are part of my collection now and I am rather fond of them.
Old 10-07-21, 01:01 PM

[QUOTE=denis pannett;554229]Thank you High Wood for sending the photos of your impressive set of Burma Rifles badges, are they officers silver or white metal ORs? The collars look identical to mine from the front.(/QUOTE]

This earlier pattern collar badge is hallmarked 1922, so it must be of the type worn by the 20th Burma Rifles as part of the Indian Army.

https://www.britishbadgeforum.com/fo...ctureid=167278

Your pattern is the post 1937 pattern worn by the Burma Rifles after it transferred to the Burma Army.

Yours are of good quality, having the very fine ends to the feathers which are not found on lesser quality examples, unfortunately, they tend to break of as can be seen in some of my examples.
Old 12-07-21, 04:27 PM

Thank you High Wood for sending the photo of your Goldsmiths & Silversmiths very fine 1922 pattern Burma Rifles, a scarce badge indeed and interesting to see who made it - very envious!!