British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Formation Signs and Patches

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 25-07-15, 03:12 PM

Default DIFFERENT REGIMENTAL DESIGNATION

Hello,

I have had this regimetal designation for over 40 years. I am trying find out why this was made as a white printed designation on a red cloth background. Has any other member any of the same on white printed on red or similar? Thank you in advance.

Martin.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0501.jpg (21.6 KB, 57 views)
Old 25-07-15, 06:03 PM

I'd say it is a bad modern reproduction. The font is too thin.
Old 26-07-15, 01:23 AM

Default Regimental designation

If this badge has been in a collection for 40 years then it may well pre-date the reproduction of printed titles, as this only seems to have occurred in the last 15-20 years to satisfy the re-enactor market.

This badge looks similar to many Australian cadet unit tiles in the way it is screen printed. There were also a few printed titles produced in the early 1950's, in Hong Kong, for British units en-route to Korea. I have a printed 'ROYAL LEICESTERSHIRE' from that period as an example. The print, and fonts on them are atrocious. No such printed title was produced for Ordnance issue, only a printed 'LEICESTERSHIRE'. The title subject of this thread COULD fall into a similar category.

Stephen.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg R Leics brassard.jpg (57.1 KB, 40 views)
Old 26-07-15, 06:11 AM

Default Australian screen printed titles

Australian screen printed titles are among the scarcest and less well documented post war insignia. My understanding was that most of them date from around 1948 before the production of the well known bordered machine- printed ones.
I can't help with British, never seen one.
I have three or four Australian titles, including a NSW Scottish and the odd Cadet. I have never seen a list of just which ones were produced but a collector friend, luckier than me, send me some pictures of his six or eight.