British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Common Forums > It's a Mystery -Unknown Insignia for Identification

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 17-03-11, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GriffMJ View Post
Hi Both

I took what L&D show in the back of their book, with joint orders by the 1RD & 15th Hussars for the same items. They also state that arm badges were taken into central stores and drawn on by both Regiments (the same stock)..... there is no indication that the Royal Crest Arm badge was differenced in production? Can someone point out the diferences between a 1RD & a 15th Hussar Arm badge in my 1st (Royal) Dragoons thread in the Cavalry section please
Page 156 1930 stocks of Arm Badges states Royals stock 51 [Royal crest to be shared with 15H] note 5.
Note 5 says the ROYALS (in caps)declined the offer and 15H bought all residual stock plus 3 badges found in Egypt. So where did the Royals get their badges from or did they hand them down or get new ones made form someone else?

Malc

Imagination is more important than knowledge. For while knowledge defines all we currently know and understand, imagination points to all we might yet discover.

Last edited by Malcolm Davey; 18-03-11 at 03:24 AM.
Old 17-03-11, 09:16 AM
LYPAO Boff

Hi Malc

Ok..... "lets have a debate"..... I will start a new 1RD thread dedicated to the Arm badge. Lets put some images up and start pointing out the differences and also get some Regimental evidence that provides the proof that the Royals had a unique pattern made for their regiment and so did the 15th H & 15th/19th H

See new thread -----> http://www.britishbadgeforum.com/for...ad.php?t=15377

"A Yeoman from the Stalwart Rural Cavalry"
Lechyd da pob Cymro

Last edited by GriffMJ; 17-03-11 at 11:01 AM.
Old 18-03-11, 01:28 AM

I want to say thank you to all that participated in this lively "debate",speaking for myself, I have learned a few things and for me that's what it is all about......learning.
Again many thanks,and regards to all.

Jo

“There are things we know that we know,” “There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we do not know we don't know.”
Donald Rumsfeld, before the Iraqi Invasion,2003.

Age is something that doesn't matter, unless you are a cheese.