British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Common Forums > Reproductions, Restrikes, Fakes, Forgeries, and Copies

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 23-02-20, 08:48 PM

No Frank had them for years, used to go to all the Antique and Collectors fairs around Manchester years ago and in the old Corn Exchange before they put all posh shops in there, also got into the habit of buying groups of badges when I might have been after just one item so did accept some might be dodgy. I must have bought a lot of crap in Manchester when I was in my teens from people who were definitely out to deceive though.
Old 24-02-20, 09:15 AM

I have very fond memories of the Corn Exchange before the bloody big bang, there were some very nice little shops, general antiques, books, badges, odd medals, lots to be found and some real gems as well as the odd bargain, very happy days indeed.
Although, that was at a time, certainly throughout the nineteen eighties when you still had to guard against all the rubbish that was being sold too.
There was a notorious dealer who had retail premises in that lovely old "triangle" as well, but, apart from that, I have only good memories.
Old 24-02-20, 12:40 PM

I remember him well, an old guy with a packed shop, he definitely sold me some tat as a lad. My favourite was a small book shop, I would go in pick up a dozen old military books totalling about £20 and he'd say call it a fiver. Lol used to home on the bus with a big back full most weekends. Now you need proper folding money in old bookshops.
Old 25-02-20, 09:18 AM

Well, it is certainly a far cry from today, still never mind, there is always the Cosy Club to lounge around in and think of those long gone days!