British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Infantry (& Guards) Badges

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-19, 01:18 PM
Geoff Marsden

Good afternoon

I joined this forum only yesterday after a google search led to this forum and this thread

I have first hand experience of the seller referred to in the OP’s post, all through eBay I must add. Some of the badges purchased by me have been crackers but others have been duds. The duds were returned and a full refund given. I’m no expert on badges having more of a local history background so it can be difficult for me to get a second opinion until I have the badges in my hand.

From my point of view whilst I strongly disagree with sellers knowingly selling fakes, my personal experience of this seller has been good and I would continue to buy from him. For me it’s as simple as if I like it I keep it, if I don’t I return for a refund. The issue of selling fakes will never be dealt with for as long as we live, but if we all do our research and return unwanted items surely the market for fakes will dwindle?

I have no other interest or motivation other than to further my hobby and knowledge of badges. On a separate note I notice that many sellers on eBay don’t offer a returns policy. Surely this can’t be okay legally?

Warmest regards
Geoff
Old 11-02-19, 01:19 PM

I just don't understand the situation as it is at all. Surely, allowing someone who deals in crap to be a member goes against the whole ethos of this forum. One of the major aims of the forum is to assist, guide and advise collectors and help them learn right from wrong, good from bad, etc.. I think it is an insult to the intelligence of forum members to allow the dealer in question to remain a member. His membership should be revoked, full stop.
Old 11-02-19, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodesianmilitaria View Post
Why are some of you having a problem understanding? When has anyone said that removing them from the forum will stop them selling fakes?
Do you think that appeasing them or by turning the other cheek will change things?
The purpose of removing them from the forum is to show that the sellers of fakes won't be tolerated. To not remove them shows that the powers to be are weak and tolerate members selling fakes as long as it's not on the forum.
I've not misunderstood anything, but i think you may have.
Old 11-02-19, 07:56 PM

This is a very good Forum, with friendly knowledgeable members. Allowing someone to continue to be a member, that is knowingly selling fakes just doesn't sit well. Something must be done, it's just not right.
Andy
Old 11-02-19, 08:07 PM
Super Moderator

Thank you for all your comments. This thread is now closed. For the record I have lost track of just who should be banned.

Currently I have been busy banning spammers, 'experts' (dealers) who are self-certifying the badges that they are also selling, and some people offering interesting services from ladies based overseas ........
Closed Thread