British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Everything Else > Off topic

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 13-03-17, 12:49 PM

Default Basil (Baz) Bruntlett.R.I.P

Just a short sad note to inform all members

Basil.W.Bruntlett (Baz)

Passed away at home yesterday. He was 83 years of age & had been sufffering with ill health over the past three of four years

He was a good friend and a very well respected badge dealer

Whils Maureen might appreciate sympathy cards i think she would prefer people not to contact her by telephone unless they are close personal friends

Andrew
Old 13-03-17, 03:43 PM

Thanks for letting us know Andrew
PL
Old 13-03-17, 05:09 PM

Sad to hear that, a old friend and colleague who I have known for over 30 years as a dealer. RIP mate.

regards

Manchester Regiment Collector
Rank, Prize & Trade Badges
British & Commonwealth Artillery Badges
Old 13-03-17, 05:39 PM
Banned

Andy,

Thank you for the post, I for one being out of touch with my UK social circle due to work commitments would have been n the wiser without it, having not conversed with Baz since the New Year.

A very sad day for me as Baz was not only a good friend but a mentor from whom I learned more than the odd thing about the world of badges, I for one will miss him very much, he was a true gentleman, very knowledgable and honest when it came to badges.

My thoughts at this unhappy time are with his loving wife Maureen.

FMT600
Old 13-03-17, 06:28 PM

Always sad when you hear news like this but especially so when, as has been said, the gentleman was a respected dealer.

P.B.

Members welcome in my private Facebook group “The Kings Liverpool Regiment ( 1685-1958 )”
Old 13-03-17, 07:51 PM

Bugger.

Baz was a true gent and whenever my son and I were invited to his house both he and Maureen were always kind, welcoming and generous. He was always to be seen at Pudsey and Wakefield (usually catching up on gossip)!

Not only have we lost one of the last few old school dealers (he still advertised his badges for sale by means of a hand typed postal catalogue) but the badge collecting world has lost a friend.

I rang him a few weeks ago and unfortunately picked a bad day as he said he had been told that very day that his cancer had returned but true to Baz's way, he promised 'I won't let the b*****d get me without a fight'.

Thanks for letting us know Andrew.
Old 13-03-17, 07:54 PM
Banned

Default Baz

Wow,

Really sorry to hear this news. Baz was a top man.

I remember he and my father used to share a lot of banter (and the occasional badge) when I was a lad. Later I enjoyed many a good chat with him.

My condolences to his family.

David.
Old 14-03-17, 08:17 PM

I'm devastated, he was fighting it so well.

The badge community and I personally have lost a good friend. I shall miss our chats.

If you know when & where the funeral is, please let me know.

Andy C
Old 15-03-17, 12:14 AM

i`m gutted,
this man was a true gentleman and a true friend, I have known Baz for 33 years from when i was still green in the hobby. He taught me so much and was happy to part with his knowledge. I was fortunate to see his Lincolnshire badge collection before he parted with it. Absolute jewel chest of items you dream of but never see outside of museums or in books. He became a dealer because he was a collector at heart. He wanted to own ever badge but could not afford to do it. As a dealer you get that opportunity to own a scarce badge for a while before you move it on so he was happy.
Baz was a man of Louth and very, very proud of it. He volunteered for the Guards but succumbed to illness and was invalided out. He thought his army career was over so joined the police. He was surprised when he was called to do national service due to his fitness and was put in the Army Pay Corps. After his National Service Baz went back to the police until he retired from the force. Did not give up work though as he was employed by a firm of solicitors as a runner!!!
My heart goes out to Maureen his wife of many years who he was absolutely devoted to,
I can recall being offered a cup of tea ny him when i was at his house which i declined but said a coffee would be wonderful. Baz`s face dropped but he went in to the kitchen to put the kettle on. A few minutes later he came back to me with the Nescafe jar in his hand and asked me how to make instant coffee! Such silly things but he had never made instant coffee before!!
He is a great loss, one of the old school, and i will personally miss him as if he were family.

Last edited by Deejayuu; 15-03-17 at 09:45 PM.