British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Infantry (& Guards) Badges

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 20-12-08, 08:34 PM

Default Books by DP&G PUBLICATIONS

Hi, does anyone have any experiance with any of the books from DP&G PUBLICATIONS. I am currently looking at the following books and was wondering if anyone knows how good they are.

Infantry Glengarry Badges 1851-1881 by G.Mc Williams
Scottish Pipers by Capt. E.A.Campbell (1879-1951)

Thank you for your help.
Old 20-12-08, 09:05 PM

Irish79,

I have bought a number of their Zulu War titles and some of their ordnance volumes. Their books are top quality bound so they look good on the shelf and are much cheaper than buying some of the original titles. Once you are a customer you will find they send you special offers eg their latest offer of £10 off if you buy three books. They are also reliable and easy to deal with. I will be buying the glengarry book myself after christmas following a recommendation from this site. Sometimes they are out of stock on particular titles as they are all hand bound but they always let you know and stick to the dates they say the books will be available by. The only minor irritation is that you have to work out the postage yourself by looking at thye weight of each individual book and then going to the post office site. It would be so much easier for them to have a set price. It has stopped me making a few quick impulsive purchases.

James

James
Old 21-12-08, 10:48 AM

Location: In Luxembourg for the last 20 years and staying. They take much better care of us here....

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish79 View Post
Hi, does anyone have any experiance with any of the books from DP&G PUBLICATIONS. I am currently looking at the following books and was wondering if anyone knows how good they are.

Infantry Glengarry Badges 1851-1881 by G.Mc Williams
Scottish Pipers by Capt. E.A.Campbell (1879-1951)

Thank you for your help.
As I mentioned on an other thread regarding his book on PT glengarries -
yes I have this and I am very pleased with the the quality of the actual information, the pictures are very good and the book itself (from a book binding/finish point of view) is excellent.
Apart from this one, I also have his Infantry and Corps Headress Badges
1829-1844. I am also very pleased with this one as well.
I for one will be buying more - when the finances are in better shape.
They can be a little slow in responding but the quality of the 2 books I
have bought so far, more than compensate.
Old 21-12-08, 01:50 PM

Thank you...its is great to hear others who have experiance with these books. I wish you have a Merry Christmas.
Old 21-12-08, 02:30 PM

Location: In Luxembourg for the last 20 years and staying. They take much better care of us here....

Glad to be of help.
Merry Xmas to you as well and have a good new year.
david
Old 21-12-08, 08:03 PM

Before I wish all members a great Christmas ( and we seem be a little behind our Canadian friends with this ) can I just say how fortunate we are to have a number of very well known and respected authors as members here.

Best wishes for Christmas and the New Year to all.

P.B.

Members welcome in my private Facebook group “The Kings Liverpool Regiment ( 1685-1958 )”