British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Infantry (& Guards) Badges

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 13-12-08, 11:10 AM
Badge Guru

Default The Lambourne Slider - Duke of Cornwall

This is one of my favourite badges. I like the slider design and the fact the metal is twice the thickness of any Duke of Cornwalls badge I have handled.

Does anyone else have any Lambourne badges with the same slider or any information on the slider design? Lots of people seam to be showing the standard shaped slider marked Lambourne which is why I brought this one on the forum.

Thank you.

Old 13-12-08, 08:36 PM

Jibba Jabba,

I have a similar one to yours on a 20th Hussars badge. I have attached pics.

James
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20th1.jpg (56.9 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 20th 2.jpg (56.8 KB, 51 views)
Old 13-12-08, 08:43 PM
Super Moderator

Odd that the 20th Hussars is a cast brass badge - it is almost like a bazaar badge. Could the slider have been added?

Alan
Old 13-12-08, 10:51 PM

Default Lambourne sliders

Several years ago I got interested in badges made by Lambourne, the company I believe only made badges during WW1 and the quality of their strikes varied between reasonable and awful, they were not plentiful and I only managed to acquire: Lancs Fusiliers, Norfolk Regt, A.S.C., Northamptonshire Regt, KRR, and the Cambridgeshire Regt. All these badges were die-struck to a degree of quality.

Recently (the last five or so years) there has been an enormous amount of other ranks badges with Lambourne named sliders appear, so my advice is be careful regarding Lambourne sliders. I think they are restrikes posing as originals. Cast badges bearing their sliders I think are wrong.