British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Other Army Departments and Corps Badges

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 20-08-14, 04:36 PM

Default CAMUS TRF?

Saw this on Facebook, listed as "Band of the RLC", also saw this on a course a few weeks back when the Band of the Parachute Regiment were in camp although wearing CAMUS capbadges for a short while?

Has CAMUS changed its TRF? I know there has been a surge of new ones cropping up; Army Recruiter, ADSC etc...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10624854_10154513236110615_5519130069964608230_n.jpg (12.5 KB, 59 views)
Old 20-08-14, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rordog95 View Post
Has CAMUS changed its TRF? I know there has been a surge of new ones cropping up; Army Recruiter, ADSC etc...
The quick answer is yes.

Marc
Old 21-08-14, 06:58 AM

I forgot to ask what does ADSC mean?

Marc
Old 21-08-14, 11:45 AM

Stands for Army Development and Selection Centres (ADSC)

http://www.army.mod.uk/infantry/regi...ute/23932.aspx

Re TRF's do Army Recruiter and ADSC really have a TRF, I think no, as every soldier should wear the TRF of his/her parent Regiment/Corps on the Right Arm

TRFs should not be confused with formation signs or insignia, which are used to denote the formation (usually brigade or division or a higher headquarters) and are worn in addition to TRFs by a member of any regiment or corps serving in that formation.

Is the 'Flash' worn by Army Recruiter's and ADSC really a Army Training and Recruiting Agency (ATRA) 'Formation' Flash worn on the Left Arm?

Do Army Recruiter's also wear the Cross Union Flags on the Rank Slide as well?

CAMUS like any other Corps wear their own TRF, but the badge of their assigned band, So the 'Band of the RLC' would wear the CAMUS TRF and not the RLC TRF but wear the Cap Badge & Dress Uniform of their assigned Regimental/Corps Band. So you can see where confusion arises!

Wanted Poppy Pins

Last edited by Mike_2817; 21-08-14 at 11:54 AM.
Old 21-08-14, 12:12 PM
Super Moderator

All bands now wear the CAMUS cap badge. A recent decision following the reorganisation of all Army bands.
Old 21-08-14, 12:30 PM

Thanks - So they now only wear the 'Full Dress' of the Regiment/Corps on Parade - makes sense really, and goes to show how you need to keep up to date!

Last time I saw the RLC Band was on Corps Weekend at Deepcut in July, and only the instrument van driver was in MTP and not wearing his beret!

Wanted Poppy Pins
Old 21-08-14, 12:49 PM

The confusion arises when all cloth sleeve badges are called a TRF. Even some of the WW2 Formation Badges are being called a TRF. It will only get worse.

Most of the new badges are Formation Badges and worn on the left sleeve. The Staff of the Army Information Office wear the Recruiting Group badge on the left sleeve and their own TRF on the right. Their rank slides also incorporate the Recruiters badge, which they are given on completion of the course.

Marc

Last edited by 54Bty; 15-02-22 at 09:19 PM.
Old 21-08-14, 01:04 PM

Thanks for confirming that Marc

Wanted Poppy Pins
Old 21-08-14, 01:29 PM

Image added.

Marc
Old 21-08-14, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54Bty View Post
The confusion arises when all cloth sleeve badges are called a TRF. Even some of the WW2 Formation Badges are being called a TRF. It will only get worse.

Most of the new badges are Formation Badges and worn on the left sleeve. The Staff of the Army Information Office wear the Recruiting Group badge on the left sleeve and their own TRF on the right. Their rank slides also incorporate the Recruiters badge, which they are given on completion of the course.

Marc
Sorry guys; Formation Signs... Although I haven't heard any squaddie call them that recently!

Recruiters in the AFCO's wear the Crossed Union Flags however some of the men & women posted to my local one don't all wear them, but still wear the Formation Sign, some mustn't be recruiters (Sp Staff).

I'm sure the folks at the ADSC's wear a different Formation Sign to those in the AFCO's, could be wrong though... It's been a while since I was at Lichfield.

As for the CAMUS capbadge, the Para Regt band wore it with the maroon lid apart from on parade when they wore the Para Capbadge.

The question is; where can I get these badges from?
Old 28-10-16, 08:47 PM

Has anyone found a source for these yet?