British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Other Army Departments and Corps Badges

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 08-01-17, 12:00 AM

Default Army Remount Service

I have these two badges but I do not seem to be able to find another one in the forum which looks similar to the one on the left, which has a strange slider and back. Any idea where this could have been made?

The one on the right with a solid back, I have seen a similar one in the forum but the cut out of the cipher is different: there is extra voiding on both sides of the cipher in the bottom. The metal on which the front legs rest on, it seems to be a detached piece whereas the example the forum has, that part of the metal is not a detached piece.

Neither has googled eyes, and they belong to a group of service corps badges I bought last year, 95% of which seem genuine...

Can someone enlighten me? As always, many thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20170108_074118.jpg (69.6 KB, 95 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20170108_074056.jpg (76.4 KB, 111 views)
Old 08-01-17, 02:54 PM

No idea as I don't have any of these but I would say they're good badges. Too rough to be mass produced by a faker and yet well put together, IMHO.
If you're not happy with them I will volunteer to dispose of them for you...
Old 09-01-17, 03:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Rice View Post
No idea as I don't have any of these but I would say they're good badges. Too rough to be mass produced by a faker and yet well put together, IMHO.
If you're not happy with them I will volunteer to dispose of them for you...
Thanks for your comment. Very much appreciated.

I am generally happy with them and will put them together with my "authentic" badges collection, which sadly is a very small collection... I like the back of the first badge. It is very unusual (to me).

As for disposing them, as my Chanel boutique sales assistant will say to me whenever I ask for a limited edition handbag, "I will put your name down on the waiting list"...