British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Airborne, Elite and Special Forces Insignia

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 19-11-13, 10:20 PM

Be careful Bernard, this may not be an original issue WW2 badge, but it is the one that a veteran used as a replacement probably at reunions. Within this context, it is more than a common repro.
Old 20-11-13, 11:05 AM

bit like Anne Boleyn's axe
Old 20-11-13, 05:00 PM

Default Well off subject but ...

Re Anne Boleyn

I found this interesting account ...

There, she came face to face with the Swordsman of Saint-Omer, an expert in the French-style of execution with a double-edged sword.

http://garethrussellcidevant.blogspo...ne-boleyn.html

M
Old 20-11-13, 07:46 PM

Hello Bernard,

Regarding your Parachute regiment cap badge without the crown and lion I agree that the badge pattern is of a type that is regarded by most serious collectors as a fake.

It is difficult for collectors especially new ones when there are pictures in reference books that should be of original badges. On page 159 in Scooby Doo book Allied Special Forces Insignia 1939-1948 there is a picture of a badge identical to yours with the same die flaw in the wing and square shaped feathers.

I am not sure if he is still a member here but it would be useful if Scooby Doo could comment on the badge in that picture. I know there are mixed opinions about the originality of some of the other items in his book so it cannot be taken for granted that the picture on page 159 is of an original badge.

Good luck and put it down to experience but I would not bin the badge, just keep it for reference which is what I have done with suspect badges that were bought years ago before the advantage of the internet.

Jack.

Last edited by Jack8; 20-11-13 at 07:51 PM.
Old 21-11-13, 01:04 PM

Hello Bernard,
I agree with Luc, I don't think I'd just throw it away given where you obtained from, though, I have to say that I don't like it.
Regards Frank