British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Royal Flying Corps and Royal Air Force

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24-04-18, 12:33 PM

Default 27 & 28 Squadron RAF

Finally decide to sort through and photograph some of my badges. I attach a photo of my collection of 27 Squadron since it became Chinooks, including the flight badges and some unofficial ones.

The other is 28 Squadron, including the flight badges worn when it was the largest squadron in the RAF equipped with about 24 Merlin helicopters. The top row are 'A' (x2) and 'B' (x4) flights, the second row reads 'C' , 'D' , 'D', 'E', Sqn Tac, Hong Kong. The bottom 2 rows include further Tac badges including those from its sales tour of the US and crown badges inc the '28' worn in 2001 rather than the traditional 'XXVIII'.

I'll add more photos as I discover more badges in my collection and acquire more.

Ian H
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0336.jpg (91.6 KB, 118 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0335.jpg (77.0 KB, 153 views)

Last edited by ianh67military; 08-05-18 at 11:40 PM. Reason: Remove bad tempered comments regarding non working I.T.