British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Canadian Military Insignia > Infantry

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 22-05-14, 03:37 AM

I have a very similar pair of the cloth MONTREAL titles. Came with a set of medals and badges from a soldier that served with the 24th Victoria Rifles.
Old 22-05-14, 06:01 AM

Could you confirm that the medals are from the Great war and if possible, post a photograph of the titles?
Old 02-06-14, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Wood View Post
Could you confirm that the medals are from the Great war and if possible, post a photograph of the titles?
So sorry to be so long replying! Yes, the medals are FWW. I don`t have a photo, but the titles are blue on khaki.

I also have another FWW title that`s similar but for MOOSE JAW. Again, blue on Khaki.
Old 24-02-16, 11:08 AM

I was the under bidder for this post card on everyone's favourite auction site so I probably shouldn't be posting this picture. But, on reflection, having helped to make the seller a richer man, I am going to post it.

The photograph is dated September 1919 and clearly shows Corporal Francis Palmer of the 7th Infantry Battalion wearing British Columbia cloth shoulder titles. He also has his 1914/15 Star ribbon and overseas service chevrons clearly visible.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Columbia.jpg (48.4 KB, 35 views)
Old 24-02-16, 12:49 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks for posting the image. It is a seldom seen Canadian title in wear. After doing more research on thsee titles, I don't think they were green on khaki.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7 bn british colum blue emb.jpg (25.3 KB, 18 views)
Old 24-02-16, 06:09 PM

One for Alberta.
Old 24-02-16, 06:21 PM
Super Moderator

Which battalion?
Old 24-02-16, 06:55 PM

Either 31st, or 137th, It's matched to an officers tunic that had C/31 on the lapels, but 137th collars (?) on the pocket pleats.
Old 25-02-16, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Wood View Post
I was the under bidder for this post card on everyone's favourite auction site so I probably shouldn't be posting this picture. But, on reflection, having helped to make the seller a richer man, I am going to post it.

The photograph is dated September 1919 and clearly shows Corporal Francis Palmer of the 7th Infantry Battalion wearing British Columbia cloth shoulder titles. He also has his 1914/15 Star ribbon and overseas service chevrons clearly visible.
It seems he is also wearing coloured epaulettes which would indicate he went overseas early on in the war (as his service chevrons also indicate).