British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Royal Artillery, Royal Engineers and Royal Signals.

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 31-10-20, 12:35 PM

Default 51st Highland Division Signal Regiment TA Glengarry Badge.

Dear Friends.

Over the years that I have been collecting Signals Badges I have always been looking for a Post 1948 51st Highland Division Signal Regiment TA Pipers Glengarry Badge to add to my little web site.

The only version I show is one owned by Captain Ewan Cameron Adjutant of 32 (Scottish) Signals Regiment (V) from 1980/81 and this is only a photograph.

About five or six years ago I was most fortunate to obtain from Forum Member Ian Harrison a Pipers Plaid Brooch of 51st Highland Division Signal Regiment which I proudly display on my little site. However, for the last 15 years I have never been able to get hold of a Pipers Glengarry Badge with the Tudor Grown to display along side the Plaid Brooch.

That was until a very few weeks ago when Forum Member Colin Hodgkins (Himself a Signals badge collector) purchased a job lot of Signals memorabilia within which appeared the very Pipers Glengarry badge that I had been searching for over so many years.

Thanks to Colin who gave me the chance to swap a badge that he wanted, he kindly parted with this Glengarry Badge (Slightly damaged on the left leg) nevertheless an example that I had long thought would never appear let alone be owned by me.

Once again my friends it just goes to show how helpful members of the Forum are to one another. I really am so proud of them.

Just to show off my find I have attached a few photos below. The first photo is from the Royal Signals Museum showing the badge attached to a Glengarry Cap on a Black Rosette backing.

The other photos are of the badge I obtained from Colin. (Not the best photos in the world).

I very much hope you enjoy this one singular badge that has been such a long time in coming to my little collection. I am so proud to be able to disp-lay the Glengarry and Plaid Brooch together.

Once again very many thanks to our wonderful Forum Members for their continued help and support.

Best wishes

Chris Walker
signalsbadges@gmail.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 51st Highland Div Signals Regiment Glengarry badge.jpg (45.2 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3474.jpg (73.4 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3479.jpg (68.7 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3481.jpg (94.0 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3485.jpg (67.8 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3490.jpg (54.5 KB, 15 views)
Old 31-10-20, 12:49 PM

That's excellent Chris
Old 31-10-20, 01:07 PM
MarkGD

Well done Chris & Colin, nicely done! Regards Mark
Old 31-10-20, 04:14 PM

Congratulations Chris! Cheers,

Walt
Old 31-10-20, 08:55 PM

A very nice pick up Chris, looks good along side the plaid brooch. Thanks for showing them. There is an old saying "Everything comes to he who waits".
Best wishes.
Phil.