British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Schools, OTC and Cadets

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 10-06-13, 05:25 AM

Default E F K CAMPLING

Hi
For the past 3 years I have been trying to find information about the Lancaster crash that my Granddad was killed in. Last night I came across Internet records that somehow I had missed. My Grandad AC1 Harold Quinton was killed in the same crash as your relative EFK Campling. Finding this new information about the crash has opened up a mass of questions about the circumstances of the crash. My grandad was, I think, likely to have been the oldest person on board, he was 34, a Father of 5 with his 6th child born just 4 weeks after his death. My mother was 9 when he died. Do you know where the crash was as the family history is at odds with what I have just unearthed. Thank you so much
Old 22-06-13, 05:49 PM

Default Re Eric Campling

I am rewriting a message that I posted two weeks ago. My grandad was killed in the same Lancaster crash as Eric Campling. I would be interested to make contact. I have only recently found the information about the crash as for many years I have been looking in the wrong place. Thank you
Old 22-06-13, 07:23 PM

you may find out something here http://www.fightercontrol.co.uk/foru...f=322&p=505094 or one of the links
http://www.bcar.org.uk/1944-incident-logs

Andy

Last edited by magpie; 22-06-13 at 07:51 PM.
Old 15-09-22, 01:20 PM
Super Moderator

For interest this is the cap badge in question. Bosleys sold one last year or 2 but I can't find the result but it was 3 figures.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN2545.jpg (53.3 KB, 21 views)
Old 19-09-22, 08:13 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Brydon View Post
Neil,

Unfortunatley I only have a limited number of copies of Army Lists, my November 1932 List shows the Polytechnic Schools Cadet Corps as still being affilited to the 12 London Regiment ( Rangers ) so we are potentially looking at a time period for ST`s slider named badge that could be well after WW1 and I suppose it is possible that the E Campling in your post might be the same person who put his name on the badge slider.

Does any member know when the Polytechnic Schools Cadet Corps ceased to exist ?

Peter
Peter They were certainly still affiliated to the Rangers (KRRC) Bn in 1938. I suspect they were wearing the Rangers cap badge at that point.