British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Canadian Military Insignia > General Topics

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 12-09-12, 02:53 AM

As Jaime alluded, the CDs have arrived and I will be sending invoices to those who have ordered the books, and getting them their books in the mail this week.

Marway has copies they are taking to Etobicoke, and have added them to their site store as well. You can also obtain copies from me: dsdesign@shaw.ca.
Old 16-09-12, 01:35 PM

Default Etobicoke Show Pick-Up

Hi David,

I was able to pick-up your “A Collector's Guide to Canadian Army Cap Badges: 1920-1952” from Jaime at Marway yesterday at the Etobicoke Show.

I have only done a cursory look at this new resource and so far I am impressed with its content. I am looking forward to digging into it deeper.

I have a couple pictures of Badges in my collection that I can provide that were missing (ie: Le Regiment de Beauce, KAC CAH war activities)…I can e-mail them to you David or you can grab them from the Forums project section…I also have some additional information on prices realized.You can 'pm' me with your e-mail address if interested.

Best,
Mike
Old 17-09-12, 07:33 PM

Thanks to those folks from the Forum who pre-ordered the guide. All those orders have been mailed, so if you don't have your copy yet, you should have it this week.
Old 25-09-12, 08:59 PM

David,

First, I would like to commend you on a truly fantastic job! I have just finished the last part of your work, and find it to be an exceptional resource. Thank you for taking, what must have been quite a significant amount of time from your life, in order to produce this resource for us.

In no particular order, here are some of my personal thoughts and general observations on your work:

• It was very reasonably priced
• Allowing us to use it on all of our devices (laptop, desktop, iPad, etc) is a HUGE BONUS
• The section: "Collecting Terms" I found especially useful (perhaps because I am a "newbie")
• The "Hugh Bondy Section" was new to me and very enlightening
• The ENTIRE "Reference Section" will be useful to me on several occasions in the future
• It was very logically organized and well presented ("go back" buttons are GREAT)
• The colour photographs were a welcomed changes to what I have been use to
• The section on "reproductions" has some very valuable information for future purchases
• The "pricing" feature has to be one of the greatest of all your value-adds

You have entitled your work: "A Collector's Guide to Canadian Army Cap Badges: 1920 - 1952". Every part of this title is quite fitting to what you have delivered us. It IS a "guide" for those of us collecting Army Cap Badges from that period. You have not promoted it as the definitive authority on the subject, but rather, a "guide", and as a "guide" I will find it VERY useful. I agree with many of Bill Miller's sentiments. This work is a PERFECT fit between Mazeas and Brooker... and its ease-of-read makes it a particularly comfortable resource for any of the new people getting into this world (like ME).

I really hope that the critiques you receive will be constructive rather than just "bashing" for the sake of "finding every little mistake in the book". It would be a sad day if this were to happen. I've no doubt that your publication came at a heavy cost to you and your family (time, sacrifice, frustration, and numerous opportunity costs)... all of this just to provide us with an important tool to use.

I hope that I speak for the majority when I say "let's help make David's next work even that much better by providing constructive (not destructive) suggestions, recommendations and ideas".

Thank you very much, David. Your work is GREATLY appreciated.

Duncan
Old 25-09-12, 09:06 PM

Hello David

I have received the disc and after looking through it am very pleased with what will become considered a very useful guide. Thank you.

Paul