British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Canadian Military Insignia > General Topics

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 07-05-10, 01:15 PM

That looks like the Queen's Golden Jubilee Medal.
If he had a UN Cyprus, provided he served with the Canadian military, he would also have the Canadian Peacekeeping Service Medal.

Phil
Old 07-05-10, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwtblaster View Post
I'm sorry, but isn't he wearing a UN medal for CYPRUS? (Third from left)

Definitely Queen's Golden Jubillee. I see that he has also been presented with a Vice-regal Commendation (on pocket, below decorations)
Old 08-05-10, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8Hussar View Post
The unidentified BGen in the photo is BGen John Collin who commands Joint Task Force Central and Land Force Central Area. Like Mr (sorry, don't know rank) Fantino, John's appointment is most likely honourary vice one of the working aides. When I was EA to Comd LFAA in NS, the commanders of the three services in Halifax as well as the RCMP Division Commander were all honourary ADC to the LGov although they did not wear the insiginia. Only the working aides wore the insignia and it was metal and worn on the shoulder straps.
Thanks 8 Hussar this is very informative!
Old 08-05-10, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by servicepub View Post
Jason,
I imagine that you will contact the 10 provincial Lt-Governors' offices and ask? If so I look forward to your findings as this has never really been addressed.
Clive
Yes Clive, I have been in touch with some of the Lt. Governors offices. These are some of their responses:

First I’d like to thank Lisa Vermette for Manitoba’s ADC photo, Janet Resta for Alberta’s ADC photo, Pat Langston for Saskatchewan’s ADC photo, Chantelle and Herb LeRoy for British Columbia’s ADC photo and Dr. Christopher McCreery for Nova Scotia’s ADC photo.

PEI responded: “The badge is a black felt material background and includes the personal standard of the Lieutenant Governor. The standard bears the shield of arms of the province, circled by 10 gold maple leaves and surmounted by a royal crown”.

Newfoundland responded: “They wear a lapel pin of the Lieutenant Governor Standard. Unfortunately, we do not have any photos available”.

Ontario responded: “These emblems are the Coat of Arms of the Lieutenant Governor of Ontario, approved by the Governor General on behalf of Her Majesty The Queen. The badge has been designed in an oval shape to appropriately fit its usage”.

North West Territories responded that they couldn’t provide me with any information.

I haven’t had any responses back from New Brunswick, Quebec, Nunavut and Yukon.

I’m not sure about the Territorial Commissioner’s but with NWT not being able to provide any info and not having any responses with Nunavut and Yukon. Without having any photo evidence of the ADC. I’m not sure if they have a particular badge besides the Aiguillette?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ADC.jpg (49.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg ADC CYPHER.jpg (43.5 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by jranrose; 10-05-10 at 04:41 PM.
Old 08-05-10, 03:27 AM

As the Territorial Commissioners are not 'vice-regal' they may not have any specific emblem - and if they did they wouldn't rank as equivalent to those worn by the ADCs to the Lt-Governors.