British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Canadian Military Insignia > Air Force (RCAF and CAF)

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 15-01-14, 08:18 PM

Default CAF Cap Badge

I just recently inherited a collection from a family member. It included several Canadian cap badges including this Canadian Air Force badge. I know these are somewhat rare, but was curious what it may be worth nowadays.

Could anyone suggest what it may be worth?

Old 16-01-14, 12:56 AM

I wouldn't be knowledgeable enough to know the price, but would be happy to buy it from you at fair price once members here make an assessment.
Old 16-01-14, 11:00 PM

If anyone just wants to PM me an estimated value rather than having it up here on the forum. I am alright with that too.
Old 05-07-14, 07:42 PM

Default No replies because . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcuffe6240 View Post
If anyone just wants to PM me an estimated value rather than having it up here on the forum. I am alright with that too.
. . . the practice of non-collectors coming on this site, asking what something is worth, and then selling it for that on Ebay is a major turn-off to collectors, who aren't interested in helping people do that, because all it does is drive up prices and reduce the ability to hunt for bargains.

It's akin to going to a boutique store to get expert information on something, turning around, and going to buy the same item for $1 less at a big box store.
Old 05-07-14, 08:38 PM

Follow this thread to see how these can play out.

Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur

Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Old 05-07-14, 10:02 PM

Default Indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillip Herring View Post
Follow this thread to see how these can play out.
Thanks Phil. I read that thread previously, and obviously agree with you about this topic. I am trying to read all the posts on this site, starting with the oldest ones first, as they are a treasure-trove of information to "cut and paste" into my files. At some point I'll post my army collection here; it's like the RCAF one I just posted, but it's a hundred times bigger.

I don't have the "depth" of varieties and rare badges that many here have achieved (often back in times when prices were so much lower), but I do have some gems.