British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > Other Army Departments and Corps Badges

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 27-03-11, 01:28 PM

Default Mystery badge and strange insignia disposition on a REME corporal bush jacket

Bonjour,

Interested in post war conflicts and operations, I found few years ago a pattern 1950 bush jacket, tailor modified belonging to a REME corporal assigned to the 63rd Gurkha Brigade.

However, I have few questions on it.

First, I'm surprised to see two patches on the same sleeve. The highest is the 63 Gurkha Infantry Brigade (AOR Serrmbam, Kuala Lumpa and Muar) and the second is the 28th Commonwealth Independent Infantry Brigade (AOR Penang moving to Butterworth in 1955). That's a mystery for me...

The right sleeve has four press studs and I don't know what type of insignia was it? A formation patch, I don't think, two are enough. I feel a proficiency badge, but so large? Bomb disposal is a RE skill, not REME is not it?

Thank you for your help,

Merci

Valery

Last edited by VALERY; 27-08-11 at 03:58 PM.