British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Canadian Military Insignia > General Topics

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 07-10-08, 08:51 PM

Default Canadian shoulder titles

I wonder if anyone could tell me if canadian cloth titles are a big collecting area in Canada ? I dont imagine that they are particularly expensive compared to medals or old badges. Here is a selection of titles that I have to try and put some value to. I assume that they are all original, although even that is not certain. Maybe a Canadian collector might be able to help ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg canadaflash1.JPG (36.0 KB, 79 views)
File Type: jpg canadaflash2.JPG (34.6 KB, 52 views)
Old 07-10-08, 09:06 PM
Super Moderator

Canadian cloth seems to be one of the hottest military collectables in the last couple of years... depending on the cloth that is involved.
Again, natal01, you have a mixed bag. The printed titles are the most in demand pattern, but the Hasty Pee's are not all that scarce. The North Shores is an interesting example of a WW2 title, again better than average, but not rare. The Canadian Scottish is a cut down slip-on, issued for wear early in WW2. Cut down tends to lessen the value. The Winnipeg Grenadiers appears to be post war, but is a bit better title. The others, while mostly post war are all fairly common.
Hope this helps.
Old 07-10-08, 09:12 PM
Super Moderator

Hi natal01. Quick observation. The printed canvas titles are the most desirable Canadian titles, but the Hasty Pees is not that scarce. The North Shores is another good title, WW2 era. The Canadian Scottish is a cut down slip-on title, as worn early in WW2. Unfortunately, the cut down as worn patterns do not get much attention from collectors. The Winnipeg Grenadiers title appears to be post war, but is a bit less common. The remainder of the titles are a mix of WW2 (Seaforth likely, and the airforce one), while the others are all post war, and fairly common. You can't give the RCOC types away. The Regina Rifles may be a WW2 pattern from the backing, but the pattern of title remained the same from WW2 until unification, and it is a very common title.
(My apologies for sounding repetitive, but I thought the first post had disappeared, and did the second one. A bit different responses so I will leave them both.)

Last edited by Bill A; 07-10-08 at 09:22 PM.