British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > British Military Insignia > General Topics.

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 17-08-21, 12:40 PM

Default Wide Spread on a Patch!

I thought I would share a recent patch I bought. I found 3 on eBay, 1 on Amazon US for $9.95 USD, and one on another site for 1.99 GBP (but this site has a 20 GBP shipping fee!) and one on a dealer sight. All of the badges are identical, and new. Now here's the part I don't understand. The 3 on eBay ranged in price a 2 GBP, 2.15 GBP and 2.20 GBP while the dealer had it listed at 18 GBP.

I'm not complaining or down talking any dealer, and for the record, the dealer sold his. However, I do not understand the extreme high amount charged by the dealer for the patch that seems to be pretty readily available.

I got mine off of eBay.

Terry
Old 17-08-21, 07:47 PM

Hello Terry,

JHSS formation signs in Desert colour were made for the PRI of the Sqn, they were selling them off because of the change to a new sign (Desert and Green) for JHSU, both of which i believe are discontinued now.

I know this because i bought 2 of them at the RLC Open day in July 2013 and I was trying to chat the soldiers into giving me their Green ones. (Which they happily gave me) I insisted they accept a few beers from me or a meal, but they both declined.

The desert ones cost me £1.00 each

Ken (The Fatboy)
Old 17-08-21, 08:55 PM

Ken, what a great story! Did you get the soldiers names to put with the green patches. I know about them, and and the patch that shows the Chinook coming at you over the letters JHSU. Interesting that both the one I have and the one with the Chinook come in a subdued green version and in a desert version. I have the others on my want list now!

I figured they were a PX/PRI buy, but are still very neat patches! My interest in MERT has expanded into including Chinook patches.

I am not sure if the JHSS or the JHSU were involved in doing any MERT work, or just dedicated into heavy hauling. Trying to find that out now.

Thank you for the info, very helpful as to just what the patches are.

Terry