British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Common Forums > Reproductions, Restrikes, Fakes, Forgeries, and Copies

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 17-12-15, 04:43 PM
Super Moderator

Shall we call time on this discussion and move on to discussing badges?

Alan
Old 17-12-15, 05:25 PM

Excellent idea.

P.B.

Members welcome in my private Facebook group “The Kings Liverpool Regiment ( 1685-1958 )”
Old 09-01-16, 02:09 AM

I know there are some forum members who would like to see this thread end and fade away, but I think we have a great opportunity of letting it evolve.
Normally I’d just prefer to stick to the New Zealand badge section, which alone is difficult for me to find time for.

Yes I have jumped on Popskipa ‘s, Albert and Frank Kelly’s opinions and called them to defend their beliefs, but that’s just the logical thing to do when you don’t agree with them.

Sadly for Albert and Frank Kelly, they have not been able to come up with any credible information that proves their belief, and I doubt they ever will because I am convinced they are victims of the Chinese whisper that LRDG badges with touching tales are fakes.

The fact that not one single person except Popskipa has come to their defence, suggests that no one else can prove their beliefs either.

I have already mentioned I am no LRDG expert, but then again I am no novice either, and ironically not many on this forum can say they have as much information as I do when it comes to LRP badges and LRDG QM Stores badges.

If you check thru all my posts on this thread you will see I am all about sharing information, and am only to keen to analyse the possibilities.

I admit I was highly sceptical of Popskipa’s claims in post #19, and post #22, but instead I “err(d) on the side of caution” and asked reasons for his opinion?
None seem to be forthcoming so my next post will be aimed at debunking his theory.
Popskipa this would be easier if we work together, but I have no problem conducting a one sided conversation if I have to.