British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum

Recent Books by Forum Members

Go Back   British & Commonwealth Military Badge Forum > Canadian Military Insignia > General Topics

Other Pages: Galleries, Links etc.
Glossary  Books by Forum Members     Canadian Pre 1914    CEF    CEF Badge Inscriptions   Canadian post 1920     Canadian post 1953     British Cavalry Badges     Makers' Marks    Pipers' Badges  Canadian Cloth Titles  Books  SEARCH

Old 17-04-08, 03:37 PM

Default Marway for the dealers list

Welcome Marway and Jaime!

Most reputable you are!

Rob
mad4thcef
Old 17-04-08, 11:20 PM

Talking Marway the magnificent

I go back twenty plus years with these folks.Jaime and her sister were little kids that summer when my wife and I drove to Saskatoon from Chicago, looking for that Mountie who dealt in militaria. I found him, and it has been a great relationship ever since. A few months back, Wayne had found out that he had auctioned off some canvas titles that were funky. He openly advertised that he would stand good for them,and would return the sale price upon the return of the piece. What more could be expected of an honest man? IMHO they are the best!!!
Old 01-07-08, 05:13 PM

I'd like to recommend David Smith of http://www.britisharmybadges.com/ he's is returned to the UK and is dealing again. He offers a full money back gaurentee, is an honest chap and only ever sells badges he believes genuine. All my dealings to date with him have been excellent and I have nothing but praise for him and his wares.

Luke
Old 01-07-08, 06:00 PM

I too recommend David Smith
Old 01-07-08, 06:25 PM

Location: In Luxembourg for the last 20 years and staying. They take much better care of us here....
Smile Marways

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLWill View Post
Mr Administrator:
I would like to recommend (and I hope others will support me) Jamie and Wayne Cline of Marway Militaria Inc. Winnipeg for inclusion on the Dealers list (site home page). I have dealt with them for many years and I have always found them to be knowledgeable, fair, honest and (to me) DANGEROUS (they have way to many nice things - I am so weak!!!). Anyway I think they should be included on the dealer list.
Thanks
Yes. Very good and nice people as well. david
Old 03-07-08, 12:59 PM
Administrator

Dealer page updated:

http://www.britishbadgeforum.com/badge_dealer_list.htm
Old 05-07-08, 12:48 AM

Mike. I would like to propose the name of Louis E. Grimshaw be added to the Dealer's List. I have known him for about 10 years and I was always satisfied in my dealings with him. He is well known to those who attends the Etobicoke (Toronto) and the Ottawa shows and some others that I don't go to in eastern Ontario. He has a very good selection of Canadian badges and some Brits ones and a large assortment of medals and ribbons. An honest and trustworthy dealer. Maybe some other Canadian collectors can add something to this post.
Regards to all.
Jo
Old 05-07-08, 01:12 AM
Banned

paul

Last edited by Bill A; 06-02-09 at 03:34 PM.
Old 05-07-08, 12:29 PM

Paul, like my post says I proposed his name only. It is not for me to accept him in the list.
Regards
Jo
Old 08-07-08, 12:41 PM

Default Dealer Recommendation - Lou Grimshaw

I would highly recommend that Lou Grimshaw be included on the dealers list.
Any dealer's website can be criticized. The important thing is to get exposure.
Mr Grimshaw is one of the leading authorities on Canadian militaria and along with the Ursuals and the Clines, he has set the gold standard for the hobby in this country. As with many dealers, his constantly changing stock puts the onus on the customer to ask for particular items.
Mr Grimshaw's honesty, integrity and sense of fairness make him a pleasure to deal with, and he has always been helpful whenever I have had any questions.
All militaria collectors have benefitted directly and indirectly from his work on the executive of the Military Collectors' Club of Canada and his book on Canadian Airborne badges set the bar for all subsequent works on the subject.
Not including him on the forum's dealer list does a disservice to the hobby as well as Mr Grimshaw.
Old 08-07-08, 01:59 PM

hi all
this is a great thread, giving us all exposure to trusted dealers around the world. that is, if they are on line or at least contactable via post to get a current list. there seems no reason for me to recommend john smith, a terrific and honest chap who lives just around the corner from me and whom i enjoy a good chat, trade a few badges and even buy some.
my point is, and i may be out of order, but unless we all can contact these trusted sellers to search their lists and find a gem or bargain, we shouldn't be nominating them.
there my thoughts??
BC
Old 08-07-08, 02:14 PM

Paul, FYI, Lou is still putting out his lists. i think I've had two in the last year. I think they are by subscription, or purchase of an item keeps them coming to you.
I agree Lou should be added to a dealers list if te admin feels so.

Jaime
Old 08-07-08, 02:48 PM

Also, if you just put Louis E. Grimshaw on Google it is the first name that will pop up. I totally agree with Phillip.
Jo
Old 08-07-08, 05:28 PM
Banned

If you want him on the list so be it ,I just do not think he is accessable outside Ontario and yes if you know his full name you can get into the sight.
Thanks Jaimie it is great that you get a free copy of the list when he gets around to sending one out to his buyers.I agree he has written a book etc but I really think as a dealer you must have a very high profile national and even internation at the shows on the net to quailfy for the list on this sight being a nice guy just doesn't cut it hell you might as well put me on the list
Old 08-07-08, 09:01 PM

The problem with any list is the danger of leaving good people off or putting bad people on. I understand this list to be "Dealer Recommendation" and not "Good places to find stuff on-line".
If it really is a list of trust-worthy dealers (to include Ursual, Cline, etc...) then there is no question but that Lou Grimshaw be added. I don't know how often his catalogues come out and I don't know if his web-site is up to date. What I do know is that he is honest and stands behind his product. If I were a newbie that is what I would want to know about a dealer.